Closed Ore Excavator takes durability from unbreaking Tinkers tools

K

Kaisersozze

Summary of the problem Ore Excavator takes durability from unbreakable Tinkers tools

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? I made an unbreakable tinkers pick and ore excavated 200ish blocks and it broke the pick

Mod & Version sf3

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? yes, make tinkers tool, add 5 reinforcements to make it unbreakable, ore excavate things

Known Fix

Last edited:

Funwayguy

Jul 29, 2019
This might be something the Tinker devs could look into from their end. Ore Excavation fires the same block harvesting code as vanilla does during an excavation. My assumption is the unbreakable modifier can't keep up with the speed and breaks down somewhere but looking at the code more closely, I don't see anywhere that could be happening. I'll do some further testing in my dev environment to see what I can find out but if it has to do with the modifier or tool itself then there's nothing I can do from my end.

EDIT: After a quick test I can't recreate this with Ore Excavation and Tinkers on their own. Can you remember the modifiers on the tool and what you were mining at the time?

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I've played with Ore Excavation before and none of my unbreakable tools break

K

Kaisersozze

Sorry, found out the issue, i had an obsidian part and it looks like the duritae modifier was causing the damage to the pick and eventually breaking it

the pick was sponge binding, paper tool rod, and obsidian head