Opinions on FTB 1.6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
That's exactly what I don't want. I don't like any part of GT, even the best parts.
They're all just plain useless in my opinion. Minecraft is a game about building. The only purpose of GT is to prevent you from building pretty things for as long as possible. Most of the machines are bulky and you'll only ever use them once.

Yes- ore tripling is totally useless, as is splitting soulsand into oil, diamond and fertilizer.
Most the machines are rather bulky and minecraft is a game about building. Hmmm- what to do in a building game where bulky machines need somewhere to be constructed...

Yeah, this is going too off topic to warrant taking further.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Personally im really excited for IC2. It has been slowly been dying/features being absorbed by other mods. I think Greg will do a great job :)

When will people understand that Greg won't work on machines and stuff, but only on fixing bugs etc?

I couldn't really care about MFR (although that is because i never really got into it)

Obviously. If you ever get you won't ever say anything like that. Ever.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
From Dartcraft's 1.6 changelog:

These two upgrades were added for a very specific modpack that is designed to be unbalanced, as such they are disabled by default.

I hope this is a secret spoiler that FTB is gonna expand on Unleashed and Unhinged by adding Unbalanced. :p

Reactions: Museli and Mjw

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, for 1.6 I don't really care about the big mods. A lot of them aren't updated to 1.6 at the moment, and the ones that are don't add much from the previous 1.5 versions, while a lot of new smaller mods are coming out (Vineacraft, EngineerCraft, etc) that I'm very excited for. Right now, I'm fine with my 1.5 packs.

Reactions: Pokefenn

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Well I built a mod pack based on forgecraft 2 for myself to test out the new things.

I should say it's still good with some of those mods missing, but it'll be better with them. :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm reserving judgement on IC2. If they're replacing Refined Iron with Iron Plates, then that's ok. Adding Copper Plates as a stepping stone to wire makes it consistent. Adding a tool and a machine to make the plates? Not sure about that. It is still a bit disappointing that most of IC2 is just machines to help make more IC2 machines. The only actual end-products of IC2 are... er... jet packs, chainsaws, and drills?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm reserving judgement on IC2. If they're replacing Refined Iron with Iron Plates, then that's ok. Adding Copper Plates as a stepping stone to wire makes it consistent. Adding a tool and a machine to make the plates? Not sure about that. It is still a bit disappointing that most of IC2 is just machines to help make more IC2 machines. The only actual end-products of IC2 are... er... jet packs, chainsaws, and drills?
even with those changes I think (and hope) it will remain my favorite mod.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
You forgot about the delicious uu-"mater". The new production and use of it seems to be on the way to it being able to make more stuff with it. Well thats my interpretation of it.
As for other mods I'm just waiting for Thaumcraft to be released. Theres nothing like some good magics to mess with.