Only localhost seems to work

hillbillyassasn

Jul 29, 2019
  • What OS are you running? Windows Y
  • Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft? Local
  • What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version)Both Direwolf V6 and V4 1.4.6
  • Did you add any mods to the server pack? No
  • What are your server specs? Not sure on the question here, but if about my computer I have i7-950 8gb ram
  • A good detailed paragraph about the problem
I have no problems setting up tekkit or minecraft server. Here though, when I run the server I can log into the server using localhost, but not the IP. Normally I would think this is a port problem, but I am not using a router, but rather straight to modem. Using this technique as I said I have no problems with Tekkit or MC. "I was running both last night" but for some reason FTB server just isnt cooperating. All I seem to do is reach the a communication error on the server lists.

My steps.

Ive downloaded the direwolf server v4 from both the website and the client. Performed these steops
1. extracted files to folder.
2. Start launcher
3. stop
4. restart launcher
5. try to login to server

For DIreworlf 1.4.6 v6 I downloaded the client from the website. and performed the steps above.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try the direct connect button? Why do you wanna connect on IP when your server is on localhost?