oneonetwo - A Modern Fantasy Roleplay

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
You have been sent out to Egypt by the Anglo-American Military to fight an increasingly serious terrorist threat. The religious extremist group Shal-Nullinuth (men of Nullinuth), a derivative of the religion Hal-Lithidun (Lithidism [followers of the astral deity Lithidun]) has been carrying out murders and sacrifices across the country. Last year America and Britain simultaneously declared war on Shal-Nullinuth, and it only got more intense from there. The terrorists started taking prisoners, torturing them and using them in strange experiments, unimaginable to the average mind. They produced new technologies at an exponential rate. Their discovery of being able to store mechanisms inside pocket dimensions to make much more complex, but much more compact weaponry was thought to be the apex of their off-kilter intelligence. But then they found something more. They made a breakthrough that no one had thought of before, and caused scientists worldwide to kick themselves that they didn't think of it first.
Not like they could. Such warped, eldritch magic was used in the technology that no man or woman with an intact psyche could replicate it.

And now, after seventeen months at war, Shal-Nullinuth are about to release their secret weapon. Using the most advanced, insane magic in the world, they are determined to win this war.

Unless you can stop them, that is...
No meta-gaming (using out-of-character knowledge to influence your in-character actions)
No godmodding (making your character do something that's overpowered as fuuuck)
No Mary Sues (characters that are perfect in every way and can do nothing wrong ever and we all love her and she's wonderful!)
No powerplaying (controlling other people's characters)
Have fun! (DO IT)
Age (18 or over, please):
Type of Magician and Colour:
Appearance (either a picture or a description. I don't mind, really)
Personality:
Backstory:
Preferred weapons:
Jannogs (Hyaenisuchus): A genus of desert-dwelling predators/scavengers. Think hairless hyenas with a crocodilian head. Two species can be found in Egypt (Wesley's Yannogs and the larger Patched Jannogs. The latter often feeds on the former).
Duneworms and Sandworms (Arenavermis/Arenasarcus): Large (1-65m) worm-like creatures differentiated by their mouthparts (Duneworms have three mandibles (Like in Dune), Sandworms have four (like in this: https://jumpingsharks.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/deathwormpic1.jpg )).
Sand Dogs (Canis harenarum): Hairless, skinny hounds found in desert regions. They reach up to four meters in length and are scavengers, but can hunt in packs if carrion is scarce. Sand dogs are sandy yellow and orange, with red markings along their sides. They have large teeth and claws for tearing apart food. Sand dogs are not fussy in what they eat, nor are they clean, and they can go for days without water.
Jub-Jub birds (Pelagornis titanum): The biggest species of true bird known, it is exceedingly rare, and hails from Northern Africa. Its plumage is highly colourful, seemingly decorative, as they have highly complex courting and mating rituals, the reason, perhaps, for their rarity. Through as-of-yet not understood magical mechanisms, they actually can fly at absolutely absurd speeds, rivalling a jet fighter plane. They are usually around eight metres in length, and one was tamed, only one, once, by an African tribe familiar with a shamanic version of druidic magic, which soon became immensely powerful due to the bird’s incredibly ability for combat in the air and fighting ground forces, even in the dense rainforests of Congo and elsewhere. Their wingspan is mostly approximately 15 metres.
Lindworms (Coelobrachius longus): 6+-metre serpents with one pair of legs at the front. They run very fast by 'paddling' through the sand and winding their tail from side to side. They are quite hard to spot, due to their gritty, sandy colouration.
Kobolds (Cobalus exigua): Tiny (about 0.6 metres tall), dark blue-skinned creatures related to goblins and gremlins. They have short, jutting faces and yellow eyes. Kobolds are bestial-minded animals, lacking the advanced minds of goblins and gremlins. Their vocal call is a high-pitched, nasal squawk, or a low honk in the mating season. They live in huge, complex, underground burrows, like giant ant nests.
Human Races:
Hajah: A desert-roaming, nomadic tribe with quite dark skin, golden irises that cover the whole visible part of the eye and pointed teeth. They usually live around the African-Arabian area and so often speak Arabic.

Last edited:

GhrimReaper

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Chris Malform
Age (18 or over, please): 34
Type of Magician and Colour: Cyan Tuner - body
Appearance (either a picture or a description. I don't mind, really): Caucasian 5,7 and rather skinny with short light brown hair and tends to wear a black combat suit.
Personality: On the field tends to be deceive, focused, tends to take the lead and also likes to stay hidden however is quite different when he is on his leisure time he tends to be loud and talkative, friendly but sarcastic and also likes a drink.
Backstory: Grew up in a relatively normal with a mother and a father he lived with his brother which went off to war and he later went of to join too. He was in the army for 15 years and became a war veteran his brother died recently in the war with Shal-Nullinuth and now wants nothing more but to stop them.
Preferred weapons: Knife, Silenced AWC Badlander Ruger22LR (Pistol), silenced Little Badger 22LR (rifle)

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in class, and today's a bit hectic. I'll make the character page when I'm home.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Damn you stealing my attention! :p

Name: Aaron Brookes
Age: Depends, how long after the original RP is this exactly?
Type of Magician and Colour: Vivomancer, turquoise (it's a type of sorcerer, right?)
Appearance: I think you had a pic somewhere?
Personality: He's always tried to be a paragon of what is right, though this often makes him tend towards a black-and-white view of the world. When angered, even this simple view of the world can be warped, and he can often simply lash out, his powers becoming powerful but uncontrollable. Some might see it as a weapon, others as a hindrance. Such events have been happeneing more since the death of his girlfriend, Eyrie, a woman from a camp of magical outcasts who he fell in love with. He has still not shared the details of her death, even with his greatest friend, Felix.
Backstory: He was in the original institution for testing and containment of incredible individuals, but along with Felix, Deomi, Zan, and a few others, he managed to escape. He was actually believed to be shot down in the escape, after which one of the world's only balancers was seen, a man with legs of black and white wispy flames, and a body split into pitch black, and blinding white.
Preferred weapons: Has a diamond-like gem embedded in his right wrist that helps him channel his light manipulation powers. His vivomancy might allow him to heal the living, but he has trained himself to not only heal but cause other effects to individuals, such as sluggishness, headaches, et cetera.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Just one thing - are there any mentions to James or is he simply forgotten from history? Causing an human thermonuclear explosion in Antarctica should at least show up somewhere.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
Damn you stealing my attention! :p

Name: Aaron Brookes
Age: Depends, how long after the original RP is this exactly?
Type of Magician and Colour: Vivomancer, turquoise (it's a type of sorcerer, right?)
Appearance: I think you had a pic somewhere?
Personality:
Backstory:
Preferred weapons: Has a diamond-like gem embedded in his right wrist that helps him channel his light manipulation powers.

(WIP)
Good, good. It's about 6-7 years afterwards.

Just one thing - are there any mentions to James or is he simply forgotten from history? Causing an human thermonuclear explosion in Antarctica should at least show up somewhere.

You mean counting part 2 as canon?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Welp.

That said, I went full-on TTGL/KLK ending on that, so it was probably godmodding done right, and unless we go full-on on the theme, it's better if we drop it.