one new board area? and fish mod idea

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

justvintage

Jul 29, 2019
other than fishing
i believe farming in general needs a push
ic2 isnt a farming overhaul but rather its a step in the right direction
pumpkins\melons should grow in an actual vine-like fashion

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said:
Just so you know, I am looking into a good way to acually do this. It might be that it ends up as just a forum section, but I am worried it would just become an abandoned section of the board as it only really works if there are people to code the ideas. However having said that, I like this particular idea a lot and as mentioned earlier cedar is looking to add some of these features to an existing boat mod he has. This would probably be added into the mod pack if the quality is there.

cool if Ceder can program this stuff cool he can take as much of it as he wants

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
justvintage said:
other than fishing
i believe farming in general needs a push
ic2 isnt a farming overhaul but rather its a step in the right direction
pumpkins\melons should grow in an actual vine-like fashion

i have seen some mod that add more crops but yeah i would like to see a push there as well with real sprinklers inside a green house not just a box, maybe a hydroponic garden and since there will be pots in 1.4 i think someone should figure out a way to convert tose into a pot style garden.(inother words a microgarn for those that want to hide a garden behind a small secreat area since there will be a hidden walls mod in this pack)

ncecere

Jul 29, 2019
I not to sure about the rules on posting links but... I have been thinking about this idea for a couple of days and started to flesh out some of the "Fish Mod" ideas. I have it saved to google docs and would love to get some feed back. I have only really laid out the Block, Animals, Plants, and what each would Produce. Still working on the Items, Armor and machines. If no one minds i would like to post a link, i will enable comments on the doc so i don't flood the forum.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ncecere said:
I not to sure about the rules on posting links but... I have been thinking about this idea for a couple of days and started to flesh out some of the "Fish Mod" ideas. I have it saved to google docs and would love to get some feed back. I have only really laid out the Block, Animals, Plants, and what each would Produce. Still working on the Items, Armor and machines. If no one minds i would like to post a link, i will enable comments on the doc so i don't flood the forum.
i suppose you could post it, posting links isnt really a problem if you explain where the link goes to.

ncecere

Jul 29, 2019
I will spend the next week or so fleshing out the ideas. Seems like a fun project to work on so i figured why not

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ncecere said:
I will spend the next week or so fleshing out the ideas. Seems like a fun project to work on so i figured why not
if you are done with that i got another project for you, something with particles and such

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
not a bad start

but kelp grows down and out same with seeweed so growth depth?

also for the pearls you could enchant them and the craft(device) them with enchanted items to boost the enchants alreay on item or boost the level of enchant or repair an enchanted item.

pearls are often found to be magical items

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
not a bad start

also for the pearls you could enchant them and the craft(device) them with enchanted items to boost the enchants alreay on item or boost the level of enchant or repair an enchanted item.

i totally dont get that second sentence, you suggest adding pearl blocks like bookcases increases good enchant?

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
buzyb77 said:
not a bad start

i totally dont get that second sentence, you suggest adding pearl blocks like bookcases increases good enchant?

nah say for example if you have 30 lvls of exp you place pearl in enchant slot the put desired item type enchants in 2nd slot say sword it would give you those types of enchants. otherwise it just sucks out your exp up to lvl 30. then in a diffrent device you can repair magic item with pearl (say white only repairs and black can add new enchants or inprove the enchats on weapon

if for example you have a pick that only has effecentcy lvl 3 and thats it and it almost broken. you take a lvl 30 white pearl and it uses up a specific amout often chat to fully repair without loosing enchant. the you take a black pearl that has effecentcy lvl 4 and it overrides that and give you lvl 4 always the higher.

so if you had a lvl 4 effecentcy black pearl and a lvl 4 effecntcy pick maybe you get a lvl 5? but if you have a lvl 4 effectentcy pick and the Black peral has any other enchant on it it will just add it to the tool if it is the correct type. it would be a way to over power items in game also pearls are used up in this and i would make sure they have no emc value so that people could not just have boxes of pearls.

ncecere

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea about the pearls, its realy good, but do you think it would fit. I really don't think magic would work for a mod like this. Think about forestry and build craft, no magic. Don't get me wrong though EE is one of my favs and i love thuamcraft but i don't se magic really the way to go personaly. By the way I updated the Google Doc with some of the Items and tools. Still working on it though.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
it fit in as well as experence and enchanting.

history pearls

http://twopearls.com/History_of_Pearls.html

"During the Dark Ages, while fair maidens of nobility cherished delicate pearl necklaces, gallant knights often wore pearls onto the battlefield. They believed that the magic possessed by the lustrous gems would protect them from harm.

An Old Arabic Legend romantically explains that the pearls formed when moonlight filled dew drops descended down from the sky into oceans and were swallowed by oysters."

adib

Jul 29, 2019
as how you explain it now, they should be quite rare. but would be alot of fun!