one new board area? and fish mod idea

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea for a mod. But can't code it. I think that there should be a mod idea/request board that is seperate from the mod discussion board because mod discussion implies a work in progress.

Like my idea would be. Boats,fish nets, lobster traps water way makers. Fish farms etc it the only idea I have not see much attention given to. It would be nice if a boat went around to traps or had nets and players could have fish as well as making a fish farm where one must feed fish to get more fish where you have to manage it.

Including waste that has to be filtered in some way and after filtered it can be cooked and used as fertlizer.

Joeaniator1

Jul 29, 2019
the forum isnt acutly complete yet but we have already got 80 or so users signed up its going really good so far and if you have any other suggestions be free to post :)

CiderCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ideas noted for next version of CiderBoats.

Actually scratch that, been chatting with slow and this'll probably be a forestry addon, got a chunk of it mapped out already

adib

Jul 29, 2019
yeah something like forestry for oceans, would be fun to play with but usefullness hmm not sure.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
yeah something like forestry for oceans, would be fun to play with but usefullness hmm not sure.

make fish oil, Fish scale armor, fertlizer, food, add some more water mobs, add broken gear (leather boots), maybe even add a stearable boat simular to dave carts ai where boats are smater, add a bathospere who deep diving in to ocean floor, add Crabs, Crab traps, lobster lobster Traps, jelly fish that you can place on head to breath underwater or cook for slimeballs, maybe even add a Dredger to deepen the water, and of corse more water critters even a rare nessie or a jonah in a whale village.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
adib said:

make fish oil, Fish scale armor, fertlizer, food, add some more water mobs, add broken gear (leather boots), maybe even add a stearable boat simular to dave carts ai where boats are smater, add a bathospere who deep diving in to ocean floor, add Crabs, Crab traps, lobster lobster Traps, jelly fish that you can place on head to breath underwater or cook for slimeballs, maybe even add a Dredger to deepen the water, and of corse more water critters even a rare nessie or a jonah in a whale village.
ok you got me, get me this mod now.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you all making me want this mod to be made evenmore >.< we would also need another use for fish though, maybe a fish bee also? and fish eggs, that can make (insert the expensive posh fish egg food stuff)

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Pokefenn said:
Why are you all making me want this mod to be made evenmore >.< we would also need another use for fish though, maybe a fish bee also? and fish eggs, that can make (insert the expensive posh fish egg food stuff)
25308662.jpg

userid82

Jul 29, 2019
How about being able to add fish into railcraft tanks? Or create a fish tank styled after that tank setup. add in things like vines, ferns and the desert dry plant block to make an interactive aquarium.

What would the build materials be? could see wood to make walkways and string to make netting. Would it be bread as the renewable supply for a forestry style farm?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Joeaniator1 said:
hey guys there is a mod suggestion post now so post all your great ideas and additions over there :)
thats not for new mods, that is for suggestion mods for the modpack.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
Joeaniator1 said:
hey guys there is a mod suggestion post now so post all your great ideas and additions over there :)

thats what i was going to say but i just now got in

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
adib said:
Joeaniator1 said:

thats what i was going to say but i just now got in
*snif snif*
i took it from you :(

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, I am looking into a good way to acually do this. It might be that it ends up as just a forum section, but I am worried it would just become an abandoned section of the board as it only really works if there are people to code the ideas. However having said that, I like this particular idea a lot and as mentioned earlier cedar is looking to add some of these features to an existing boat mod he has. This would probably be added into the mod pack if the quality is there.