One bee to rule them all?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tomihe

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say valuable but I'm almost to the point where radioactive for uranium would probably be one I'd need more.

Drag0notHutch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna go with Cultivated as they have high regular comb production and they are critical for many other branches.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Personally? I have always wanted to be good at bee breeding, but never have been. Why? It's super slow in comparison to just going out and getting what I actually need. Bloody Apiaries and frames.

That being said, Doctoral is my desired "I am decent with Bees" accomplishment bee, because it produces Jelly Babies, and I have no idea what they are meant for.(likely noms but they must be super good to be worth the effort, right?)

As for a more realistic choice for me to strive for, a purebred common bee is something I might be able to obtain.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Glittering bees. With GT installed you need an implosion compressor to make the diamond bees worth anything, so converting gold to diamonds with minium stone is a much easier path. And of course the gold -> iron conversion ratio heavily favors making gold first.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
If I read NEI right last time, the Stark Bee.

Dull Shards are a /pain in the rear end/ to get. Everything else I could scale up some other mining method. I want more capacitors dammit!

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
If I read NEI right last time, the Stark Bee.

Dull Shards are a /pain in the rear end/ to get. Everything else I could scale up some other mining method. I want more capacitors dammit!
You can mine dull shards too. Just setup a system that drains aura out of an area before starting the mining.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You can mine dull shards too. Just setup a system that drains aura out of an area before starting the mining.
There's a Gregtech item that turns aura into EU. That'll work well. Though it requires a netherstar.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
That's the bit thats a pain. At least compared to being able to generate them from nothing. The time taken to drain an aura + all ore + make the system mobile + automate the mining is definatly on the cool and complex side of things... But it's also very inefficent.
For large numbers at a decent speed a bunch of stark bees would help. it basicaly comes down to is I want to make a huge project to get the shards for my other planned projects.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
There's a Gregtech item that turns aura into EU. That'll work well. Though it requires a netherstar.
It also requires another machine that also requires a nether star. And iridium. And holy planks of sengir

uncutas

Jul 29, 2019
Distilled bee + fast worker + flyer + nocturnal in an alveary, made more than enough fuel for HP steam boiler.