Old world wont start after uppdate

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
M

MrGlenn

Title Old world wont start after uppdate

Launcher Type Server

Modpack Diervolf20

Modpack version FTBserver-1.12.2-14.23.3.2691-universal

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/M8vHzGer

Details of the issue I have now updated my server. It starts just fine. But when I install my old world the server will not start up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So you have a couple of options here. But first and foremost make a backup copy of your world before you do anything.

The first option is to edit the forge.cfg file and edit the two options below to true. Then start your game up and see if that fixes it. Remember to go back afterward and change the two forge.cfg back to false.
Code:
    # Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringEntities=false

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringTileEntities=false

The second is to use mcedit and remove the block located at the co-ordinates listed in your crash report. The relevant part of the crash report is below. But the block causing the issue is from Industrial Foregoing and is located at -1064,60,2103.
Code:
-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
    Name: industrialforegoing:black_hole_unit_tile // com.buuz135.industrial.tile.misc.BlackHoleUnitTile
    Block type: ID #2727 (tile.industrialforegoing.black_hole_unit // com.buuz135.industrial.tile.block.BlackHoleUnitBlock)
    Block data value: 4 / 0x4 / 0b0100
    Block location: World: (-1064,60,2103), Chunk: (at 8,3,7 in -67,131; contains blocks -1072,0,2096 to -1057,255,2111), Region: (-3,4; contains chunks -96,128 to -65,159, blocks -1536,0,2048 to -1025,255,2559)