Old Forestry Thermionic Fabricator recipes.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Anyone else miss the old Thermionic Fabricator utilities? Like being able to melt down ingots and make metal blocks, armor, etc?

I wonder if it will make a comeback at some point, and I wonder why it went away in the first place. Maybe because of how fluids changed in the oreDict a while back?

Sure would be nice, though. I did prefer to use the Thermionic Fabricator to make metal blocks over a compressor (I have always liked BC power more than IC).

And these days it would be a really nice alternative to the workflow that exists in IC² now, with crafting plates for armor and tools.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
Hmm, really? That's interesting..

If that's the case I wonder if I could add them back in with MineTweaker or something..

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Anyone else miss the old Thermionic Fabricator utilities? Like being able to melt down ingots and make metal blocks, armor, etc?

I wonder if it will make a comeback at some point, and I wonder why it went away in the first place. Maybe because of how fluids changed in the oreDict a while back?

Sure would be nice, though. I did prefer to use the Thermionic Fabricator to make metal blocks over a compressor (I have always liked BC power more than IC).

And these days it would be a really nice alternative to the workflow that exists in IC² now, with crafting plates for armor and tools.

I think that's an Extra Bees/Binnie's mod addition. I assume most modpacks with Forestry will end up adding it now that it's available but you can download it yourself and test it out.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
I think that's an Extra Bees/Binnie's mod addition. I assume most modpacks with Forestry will end up adding it now that it's available but you can download it yourself and test it out.
You're right, it was an ExtraBees thing (back in 1.4.7). I fired up the old Mindcrack modpack and disabled ExtraBees to test out your theory, and those recipes were indeed gone.

I've had ExtraBees/Trees installed in my current modpack from the beginning, so Binnie's mod definitely doesn't add those recipes to the Thermionic Fabricator anymore.

I'm going to do some exploration with MineTweaker to see if I can add those back in. I think I should be able to, as MineTweaker seems to mesh well with Forestry machines. The only question will be my ability to wrap my head around what I need to do to succeed.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
You're right, it was an ExtraBees thing (back in 1.4.7). I fired up the old Mindcrack modpack and disabled ExtraBees to test out your theory, and those recipes were indeed gone.

I've had ExtraBees/Trees installed in my current modpack from the beginning, so Binnie's mod definitely doesn't add those recipes to the Thermionic Fabricator anymore.

I'm going to do some exploration with MineTweaker to see if I can add those back in. I think I should be able to, as MineTweaker seems to mesh well with Forestry machines. The only question will be my ability to wrap my head around what I need to do to succeed.

Good Luck! Let us know if you get it to work.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
I don't believe that I can do it right now without writing an actual mod. And since I know zero about Java, that's unlikely.

The issue is that I'd have to be able to create a new liquid or placeholder item since molten metals don't already exist. MineTweaker doesn't currently have the capability of adding new items to the game, only adding/removing recipes for preexisting items & liquids.

Therefore there's no way for me to add the ability to "melt" metals in the Thermionic Fabricator unless I did something silly, like have everything "melt" down into water or lava. That would just be silly at best and a lame exploit at worst.

The author of MineTweaker did say at some point recently in the MCF thread for his mod that he is working on implementing the ability to create items. So, perhaps at that point I could do what I want.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how it always cost the same amount of resources to make something with the themocrafter as it did anywhere else, your iron pick was easier to deliver via a BC Autocrafter. Even a small discount would be a reason to use it, but nope, not any cheaper.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
It would be cheaper in the custom pack that I currently play, which has IC² and Gregtech (2x ingots per metal plate).

You are correct, though, that in 1.4.7 when it was available it wasn't any cheaper. I just preferred to use it back then to make resource blocks instead of a compressor because I didn't have a very good EU system set up.

Except that it did have cheaper gears for some reason.. A gear came out to a little more than half the traditional cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk