OK, what the hell is up with Magic Farm 2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So i've been steadily getting to grips with the various annoying things this modpack does to increase the "challenge" level.

Silverfish bloody everywhere and silverfish that summon reinforcements and enchant the shit out of themselves, that's fine I can deal with them with a bit of preparation. There is, however, no justification for this:

2014-05-22_18.43.54.png

Seriously?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

fatherjimbo

Jul 29, 2019
On the issue of silverfish. I rage quit and started a new world due to them the other day.

Here's the scenerio: I dug in, like you do, and started a base a bit underground. Had a little indoor farm, some machines, bit of ore processing, etc. I had a mineshaft 20 or 30 blocks from my base I was working on. BAM - hit a silverfish. No big, killed it. Heard another few spawn behind a wall.

All of a sudden I heard some silverfish taking damage and every time he does he spawns another silverfish. Soon the entire mini-map was covered in silverfish. A hole popped up near me and I realized what was happening as sewage started to poor out along with dying silverfish. All except the infernal one that is. I ran back to my base at this point.

Sadly my base was now covered in holes and flooded with sewage due to the ludicrous power this infernal silverfish must have had. I never even got to see him becuase he was buried in sewage, taking damage, and spawning his zerg horde. Sewage is nasty. Wasn't worth the clean up at this point.

I hate silverfish.

Last edited:

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to point this out here: the modpack is created by Jadedcat who's FTB's little sadistic angel.

Does this really surprise you? :)

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
subbing because the rage here is making me feel all warm and tingly inside.

You just wait until my brewery is up and running. Then I can drown my sorrows and forget about all the unpleasant things that dwell in the deep places of the world.

Also silverfish spawners, that's just horrid...

Reactions: Padfoote

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
You just wait until my brewery is up and running. Then I can drown my sorrows and forget about all the unpleasant things that dwell in the deep places of the world.

Also silverfish spawners, that's just horrid...

meh you can bitch when you see hellfish till then no one care about silverfish problems.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Seen hellfish. I usually don't encounter the bloody things until I'm safe inside my invincible power armour though :)

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
General impression:

Hunger overhaul is a bag of monkey scrotums.

Iguana tweaks or whatever it's called actually lets me replace individual bits of a tool with new materials so I don't have to craft a new version from scratch each time I get access to new stuff, so it's actually kinda cool once you get past the totally unnecessary "lol we're going to fuck your day one startup routine".
That's sorta the beauty of challenge mods.. Configs. Allot of these mods, can be switched, flipped, and manipulated. And the new gent heading Iguana tweeks has mad the mod even more configurable. Remember that when it comes to challenge mods, they tend to be balanced around the evilst minds, but have settings that could turn it from hindrance, to blessing...

For instance with the new tweaks for tinkers construct, you can blacklist certian modifiers from being randomly added. I have it set up so a tool gains either repair, durability, one of the attack boosts, beheading, or knockback... aswell as moss. Never judge the mod by it's cover, and the experiance of one modpack.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Blood N Bones

That is all, I win, GTFO!

When you are huddled in your starter cave hiding from doom creepers (Which you can't do FYI) expanding it out a little only to carelessly hit a silverfish pocket, ragequit is pretty much your only option.