Ok, What the heck is that.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
hey,

this is just to show and comment on if you wish. i found it in the nether. i'm 1.6.4 (80+ packs, if your interested. with a push, i may even forward them).

anyhou's, just bouncing through the nether, as you do, and spotted this.check it out:
Screenshot 2013-12-04 23.33.59.png
Screenshot 2013-12-05 00.09.05.png

and yeah, stood gorpping at it for a while before decidedly not doing anything about it. it looks to made up of gravel. hovering gravel, umm. a new kind of danger presented via the nether :D

if you;ve got any ideas or have even come across one yourself. feel free to drop me a line. i will return and chance what ever the hell it is at a later date. just thought it may take peoples interests.

smile

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Using soartex texture pack and your pictures are extremely dark. but best guess would be that it is one of the nether bee hives. Could be Embittered from ExB or Infernal from MB. If it takes a long time to break with a pick, its most likely a hive. Try using a scoop on it or shoot it with the Mining Laser.

EDIT: Hmm after squinting at it for longer, is it made out of multiple blocks? Or is it a single block?

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
So, a hive from B.O.P. ok, why is it so big. its blocks across all round. sorry it was late when i decided i should send the image so i've added lighter pic's:

Screenshot 2013-12-04 23.33.59.png
Screenshot 2013-12-05 00.09.05.png

for an idea of scale the a couple of pockets holes not so far away from it. thats one block. and/or as yu can see it made out of of blocks. which make it a considerable size. has anyone got a link to the WIP if thats the case. i would like to know what manifesting in the nether. after Mydio the place has been very scraey indeed.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So, a hive from B.O.P. ok, why is it so big. its blocks across all round. sorry it was late when i decided i should send the image so i've added lighter pic's:

for an idea of scale the a couple of pockets holes not so far away from it. thats one block. and/or as yu can see it made out of of blocks. which make it a considerable size. has anyone got a link to the WIP if thats the case. i would like to know what manifesting in the nether. after Mydio the place has been very scraey indeed.
Hmm ok that's not the hives that I thought it was. I thought the holes on the side was just the texture of a single block.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
ah, i know the one's you mean. just so you know. i don't discount anything anyone says.i just see this as some MC fun. if something come from. like it belongs to a mod we have no idea of etc... all the better.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
It's awful whatever it is!!! I'll kill myself if those start popping up all over the place... Would still like to know what it is tho

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I mined into one of those nests and it's filled with a liquid, didn't check what it is but probably honey.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Succubism, i would love that. techno type enemy boss take over. only active once found. act's a little like taint. taking over other entities in order to fulfil its goals. Zarkov you ruined it. knife, guts, killed :( (only kidding) so some kind of means to quarry in the nether then? still very interesting. i don't low when i'm gonna go explore. its ssp so i'm still sorting my recent move out. nice to know its not complete evil. i'll remember to bring a bucket or TE resonant tank.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, looks like a Borg cube. What mod is that from or is that from vanilla MC 1.6.4 ?

I've been playing MC 1.6.4 with ~100 mods for a few months now, plenty of time in the Nether, but have never seen that !

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It's not passive on the version of BoP that I'm running. I got close and several wasps spawned and proceeded to kick my butt into the ground. When I got far enough away from the hive, they turned around and went home.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
It's not passive on the version of BoP that I'm running. I got close and several wasps spawned and proceeded to kick my butt into the ground. When I got far enough away from the hive, they turned around and went home.
This is basically the hive's purpose.

I'm sure there will be some reward for the honey eventually as well.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
MigukNamja doesn't sound like a freak occurrence. which is pretty cool. but you know, the place is big even if its smaller than the over. wasp's you say, liquid debuff. intriguing. mines kind of in the air if i feel there enough stuff below (ground, not lava) i may attempt an inspecting quite soon. if other have found one go get pic's i want this phenomenon revealed.

Reactions: MigukNamja

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
This would be really cool... if I didn't have a phobia of hornets. The Nether has truly become a literal you-know-where for me. (((; ロ ; ))