Oil messing up quarries!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else run in to this problem in their FTB lives?

I feel kinda stupid for barely finding this out now. BUTT
I started a quarry in the ocean, there was a oil spill thing sticking out the water. The quarry didn't get setup because of the oil, I had to drain the oil down to water level for the quarry to get going, Soution: don't quarry where oil is, also check your quarry's after they get going!

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Oil isn't the only liquid that does this, spring water does the same and it can be a pain in the butt to clean up once your quarries running

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes o' plenty may have added to the world aesthetically, but it has caused more problems than it's worth. Quarries left running overnight are found stuck in a certain spot the next day. Not sure if it's BoP or BC that is responsible for the pools of oil found underground, but liquid poison and hot springs add to the headache too.

Normally, I would have used the sponge upgrade from MFFS to clear such obstacles, but this isn't included in unhinged....but i do hear that BC will be introducing a new block (floodgate) to deal with this in the next version (for 1.6)...i hope

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
BoP liquids also play havoc with a steve's carts mining cart.

danny75, the sponge upgrade doesn't work in Unleashed, even though it is included, so don't feel bad.