Oh my! EnderIO

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO is now at the top of my list of most annoying mods.

After struggling with server performance issues running direwolf20 for a while I have mostly beaten the server into submission, and I have but two performance issues to resolve - an annoying GC glitch where the server skips frames every few minutes - and completely uninhabited bases that insist on remaining chunkloaded after multiple server restarts, even though there are no chunkloading tickets for the area at all.

The second issue I finally understand. EnderIO. Will force load chunks with no chunkloading tickets at all. If a base with EnderIO conduits is ever visited by a player, all the chunks with conduits are pretty much stuck in memory until the server is restarted. If there is a dimensional transceiver in the base - active or not - it will apparently reload its chunk, and consequently all surrounding chunks that intersect with conduit networks.

I need to figure out if I can use forgechunkloading.cfg to deny this mod any chunkloading ability at all.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I thought this bug was fixed in recent versions of EnderIO? Are you using a recent version (probably one of the beta releases)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I thought this bug was fixed in recent versions of EnderIO? Are you using a recent version (probably one of the beta releases)

Whatever the EIO is in direwolf20 1.8.0
I see there is a 1.9.0 "latest" version but the server as a matter of policy runs the launcher "Recommended" version.
Sadly, having checked out the 1.9.0 configs, most of my bugbears are still in place :/
--
I see the EIO mod being used in dw20 1.8.0 is the recommended build: 2.2.8.381

Last edited: