Offline FTB play revisited. Again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
So I had a power outage today and thought no biggee, I'll just FTB Minecraft on. Wrong. I checked and I've selected save token and password. So apparently FTB is still not working offline. I didn't get a chance to check vanilla to see if it works, but thats irrelevant to this discussion/rant. I really don't understand why I'm required to be online to play single player? This is annoying and frustrating. I have a place that is completely off grid in the mtns and stay there sometimes, I have to load game and put laptop in sleep mode for the journey just so I can play when I get there. Am I missing something in the launcher?

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
First and most important question: what version of the launcher?

(Pedantic aside: "off the grid" means "off the power grid", as in generating your own electricity. It doesn't mean no Internet access)

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
First and most important question: what version of the launcher?

(Pedantic aside: "off the grid" means "off the power grid", as in generating your own electricity. It doesn't mean no Internet access)

Both of my homes are in remote mountain areas that are off the grid, as in generating my own electricity with solar, wind and generator filling a 1200 amp hour bank of 12 L16HD 6 volt batteries that weigh 120 lbs each, wired in series and parallel to make 24 volts, that is then inverted to residential 120 volts AC, homes and power system built by me. Additionally, I design and build small homes in the same areas, including designing and installing the alternative energy. I have certifications in maintaining remote power generation generation equipment, both mechanical and electrical components, and I'm working on a EE degree. I'm extremely qualified in what "off the grid" means. The grid is all utilities, not just power. However all forms of internet require power, so they are covered under your narrow, and wrong, definition of off the grid.

Additionally, if you're going to use the phrase "xxx aside", it means you have previously engaged in whatever "xxx" refers to, and that you are no longer going to further engage in "xxx".

In this case it was the activity of being pedantic, which after stating you would be putting it aside, even though you had not previously been pedantic, you went on to attempt being pedantic on a subject of which it's obvious you have little understanding. I believe I have done a much better job demonstrating how to be pedantic. Before you get snarky and correct someone, it's best to know wtf you're talking about. Not just what you've read on the internet or think.

As far as the launcher, I'm using v1.4.8. I force updated yesterday so I believe this is the current version. The launcher has not worked offline for several versions as far as I'm aware. If in fact it's version dependent, perhaps you can elaborate on that.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh, well, this degenerated quick lol. I need to lay off the coffee I think. In any event still looking for answers/suggestions.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry you where right anyway. The only way that an off grid home/estate can have Internet is if you invest in a satellite Internet reciver and even then a relay point needs to be nearby for it to work. Plus their speed can be woeful for gaming.
Also in modern times telecom infrastructure usually follows power and very seldom the other way around. Mainly because of the power requirements.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

YekimonTheMarginal

Jul 29, 2019
Once I updated my launcher and game files I've been able to run offline no problem. It almost seems that I needed to log in every so often. Wish I had more details, but kind of looking for an answer to this myself!

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Before you get snarky and correct someone, it's best to know wtf you're talking about. Not just what you've read on the internet or think.

As far as the launcher, I'm using v1.4.8. I force updated yesterday so I believe this is the current version. The launcher has not worked offline for several versions as far as I'm aware. If in fact it's version dependent, perhaps you can elaborate on that.
I see you read that as something other than friendly, and in fact seem to have read it as a personal attack or challenge since you felt compelled to rattle off all your credentials rather than just say "Oh, I know, but this location really is off the grid" and then share the details of that (which actually was pretty cool). It wasn't a challenge or calling your intelligence into question; no need to turn it into a pissing contest.

As for this problem, I'm not sure if it is version dependent or not, but that's always important information to give.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I tried a couple things this morning, deleting and re-downloading FTB launcher and made sure I was logged in to vanilla minecraft on it's launcher. I can play vanilla offline. I have enabled remember token and password in the FTB launcher. Despite that, I still get the popup that says my login cannot be verified by minecraft servers, so the launcher is ignoring the saved token and password and trying to verify my login.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
First big thing we need is a log: In the launcher's options tab, check the boxes "Show Console" and "Reopen launcher when Minecraft exits". Then launch your pack again and when the crash/error/other problem occurs, click the "upload log" button in console window and give us the link.

Give that and then we can continue debug process.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
First big thing we need is a log: In the launcher's options tab, check the boxes "Show Console" and "Reopen launcher when Minecraft exits". Then launch your pack again and when the crash/error/other problem occurs, click the "upload log" button in console window and give us the link.

Give that and then we can continue debug process.

Thanks! Here is the log. First time I've done that.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/280c77ef

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Edit your profile, enable "Remember auth token", log in succesfully once and then try offline mode again. If it still does not work try deleting and recreating your profile.