Request official world save for ftb packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you have use for a defualt save in modpacks that don't require it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if default world saves would be of interest to the community and feed the beast? If possible, it would just be a single setup of a world.dat file in a world folder. That would have all the settings set for the official world of that modpack.

the community could choose to use the save or not. but it would allow for players to show off what they did with the official save. what they built. where they explored. a massive bare world explored by many but used by none.

thought of this while making a world in the revelations pack. it has all the extra world type settings. i was thinking "what world type and game settings would the pack creator have played?".

(just going to note that i don't speak for the community or feed the beast. just in case that was unclear)

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and no. On one hand, The extra download might be annoying and the other hand It's not hard to say these are the recommended settings and the official seed is FeedTheBeast or something. On the otherhand it would be nice to have a single world that a lot of people play on and when someone posts pictures of a specific spot we all have it in our packs to go visit.

I would that world downloads are only important for packs that rely on them. I don't see the benefits as being worth the hassle.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If I want a "default World backup" I can create a new world when I first start the pack and back it up twice, renaming one to "default".

That, or download the default world config if I need it again. Many packs provided this option... Agrarian Skies I and 2 for example. I imagine that the new Pyramid pack will also have a default as well as anything that has custom features that someone spent their free time building up.

When I restart a world it's usually because I have tired of playing on the old one -or- there has been a pack update. I don't try to perpetuate an old world when there's a chance it could come out of the process working like square wheels :D

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I try to collect the seed on each new world I create and save it to a google doc with the minecraft version, pack name, and pack version.

If I get a really good seed I highlight it incase I want to reuse it sometime, never have but still do it.