O M G

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Im probably not the first one to say this but i just found this section of the forum be overflowed by spam

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It's typically the worst between midnight and 2 or 3 AM Eastern time (UTC+5, I think), I've noticed.

I suggested in a spam report or two a while back that upping the distortion on the Captchas at certain times of the day might help, but I'm not sure if anyone actually implemented anything of the sort.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, we're trying our best! We being my fellow spam catchers and mods. But time zones...

Best you can do is report and move on.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Sorry, we're trying our best! We being my fellow spam catchers and mods. But time zones...

Best you can do is report and move on.
I guess it has been deemed too much of a hindrance for new users, or too much work for admins, otherwise one way could be to require the very first post from a user to be moderator approved before displaying it?

Here I am of course assuming that people wouldn't actually bother writing a real post before writing their important messages regarding weight loss products, etc. :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it has been deemed too much of a hindrance for new users, or too much work for admins, otherwise one way could be to require the very first post from a user to be moderator approved before displaying it?

Here I am of course assuming that people wouldn't actually bother writing a real post before writing their important messages regarding weight loss products, etc. :)
Or just change the Captcha to a non-crappy one. I've been on much bigger sites that have almost no spam, if any. All I can see that needs changing is the captcha(and I can't imagine that being hard to do.)