Numberplay's MindCrack Crack Pack Adventure.

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
The Crack Pack was the first mod pack I ever played and also the one I lag the less on. I already played a few weeks on this pack but not with the latest update that added Natura, Witchery, Mekanism, etc.

I decided for this one to share my experience but not only to show you what I've done but also to get suggestion on what I should do. In my previous map I played a lot around Thaumcraft so I have no problem understanding that mod (I unlocked most Ichor stuff). The problem is that I barely touched any other mod so I want to renew the experience.

=========

First day, I spawn next to a redwood tree. I guess this will make a good shelter for the first few days. There are coal and iron in a cave 10 blocks away from the tree. I can start making tools.

xxsBNkA.png

My first goal will be to make a smeltery to double my ores.

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Second day. I built my smeltery, made the area around the tree secure and started a farm. Once I get wheat I'll bring cows and sheeps inside. I don,t think I need pigs and chickens.

kS932l6.png

I made some Factorization barrels since JABBA isn't in that mod and dried some zombie flesh for food. I got a carrot in the farm so it'll make a better source of food soon.

AiBtv0A.png

Now that I have a shelter I'll start looking for diamonds for a quarry (I need 11). Once that is done I'll make a room for thermal expansion 3 machines. Don't know if I'll make it on top of the room I hollowed out or dig down for it.

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Day 3

Today I started digging. Made a room for my machinery. For now it countains a pulverizer, an induction smelter and a redstone furnace, all working with a steam dynamo and an aqueous accumulator behind. Found an emerald so I can start the modular power suit. I'll expand it at some point for when I'll need to automate stuff. I still need to find rubber trees to harvest my crops automatically. You can see the bottom of my smeltery on the ceiling. Proof that I decided to dig down.

5G4llB2.png

Next to it, there was a cave that I closed from the outside to prevent me from encountering night mobs. I took that place to make a stair that goes all the way to bedrock. I have set up a mine shaft at around y50 for iron, coal and other ores that don't spawn near the bedrock too.

AwqsYYl.png

I also made a room above for storage. Made some chests even though most of them are still empty and added some barrels.

dgFTABV.png

Now that all of this is set up properly, I explored around to find what biomes are near and also to find ressources I still lack. Found a taint area 500 blocks away. I don't really care about it much because of that distance but I know I'll probably end up dealing with it. Then on the other side of the map I found a roguelike dungeon. I'm definitely not prepared enough to venture into it already but I know it'll be the first one to be completed. Also found some sugar cane on the way.

ZiBz38a.png

and finally I managed to get 11 diamonds, no more no less. I made all the setup and put the quarry I made in a lake not too far from my base. I didn't want to put it directly next to the base because of the ugly hole it leaves behind.

aXWCf0H.png

LXHcFrq.png

The next step will be to venture into the nether. I hope it didn't get much more dangerous since the update. I need quartz to start looking into Applied Energistic. Never touched that mod before so I'd like some tips if you can help me there.

Reactions: ThomazM

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
I was planning on doing some more but no one seems to care about this thread. If you're interested please say so, else I won't lose my time working on this.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
People aren't commenting cause there isn't much to comment on. Once you start getting machinery / houses / nice worldgen to showoff, people will show up. Also remember that not that many people visit the Community showcase.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
As said earlier right now you are at the boring part of the game. I would love this if you were doing more automation and tech/magic

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Day 4

Day 4 was a short day. I continued mining for resources since the quarry isn't fast enough to reach the diamond level yet and it needs constant power. I had quite a surprise when I started spawning silverfish at the wrong place. An army came at me and I almost died. When I finally slaughtered them all I could see the damage they've done. That was quite a sight.

nFdw0Ow.png

JH3Oaj2.png

and that's about only a sixth of the hole they left behind. Gladly, they didn't eat any ore. Sadly, there wasn't any exposed diamond.

Oh and I also went for a little trip to the nether but nothing interesting happened.

Day 5

After the weekend (I was away) I worked on a power source for all my machines. I had plenty of ores at that point for an easy setup. I built a new structure next to the base and now I can produce charcoal for free.

X5eAiDL.jpg

U9qewiX.png

The system looks quite chaotic but at least it works. The system fuels itself with the steam dynamo. The chest contains all the random stuff the sludge boiler produces. I also worked on a way to travel around faster and easier. You could guess what with one of the pictures above. It will also work in the nether so that I can find a fortress.

MWaZkkZ.png

Reactions: MrCowle

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Day 6

Not much happened today. All I wanted to do was experiment on mods I never touched. That means I now have machines from Forestry and Applied Energistics.

tICkzoY.png

This room is now linked to the power system I did earlier this week making it easier to get things done on the go. I can still power the dynamo if I need machines to work faster (Like the squeezer). I put all my minerals in the AE storage system, I'll get everything else in once I make more space.

Then I started this
QsLjNAO.png

First time doing bee stuff. Meadow bees wit regular frames although I could make the impregnated ones. Seems simple once the apiary's done but it's probably very complicated with breeding and all the work on getting the right biomes.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
First time doing bee stuff. Meadow bees wit regular frames although I could make the impregnated ones. Seems simple once the apiary's done but it's probably very complicated with breeding and all the work on getting the right biomes.

If you can get your head around high school biology with mendelian genetics, then you're all sweet for bees. If you didn't take biology, and/or looked it up and it confuses you, I recommend looking into gendustry to bypass the entire breeding system (Only recommended if the original breeding system is impossible for you, I believe it should be attempted by everybody doing bees at least once)

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Screw the day thing.

New room for Thaumcraft distillations along with a better looking gate.

OwUIUn3.png

Ss9wiPM.png

(you can see the node next to my base because I made goggles of revealing)

My AE system is now powered with lava from the nether.

FdDn31D.png

4c3jgQd.png

Yeah I moved it to the storage room. Makes more sense that way. I even have room for other modules and another magmatic dynamo.

I have plans to make another building behind the tree for apiaries since I've found 4 in villages along with new trees and bees.

I have yet to find any ender-lily. I should find more dungeons.

I have yet to find a silverwood tree and I really need some if I ever want to do Thaumcraft stuff.

I also need to make a quarry to keep the nether pump loaded but I lack diamonds, I don't have the chicken chunk option and the MFR option requires so many enderpearls.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if It took a while for updates. I just didn't feel I did anything interesting enough. So I'll just say what I worked on.

Automated farming. Now that I have lava from the nether I can fill tanks and drums. I like using drums since they're easy to move around and looks cool.

I have sheeps with a rancher (finally). And made this complicated thing.
XrZKEvB.png

fLVawX8.png

Now I know that's a lot of machines I could avoid making with radius upgrades but I needed them sooner or later so I did them anyway. and I made that setup already to start crop production while I work on bigger farm areas.

Actually one set of them is already moved to another location. and I can pretty much make areas for 3 others in that space.

NEvbZQj.png

The lava drum will be the center of that farm area. Right now it's making the witchery seed that grows on water and bread. I thought the planter would use seeds randomly and it doesn't which sucks imo but I have 6 set of machines so it's not really a big problem. I'll probably use 2 for trees and 2 for carrots, potatoes. Don't know for the last one yet.

Finally, I worked on making my final melee weapon.

tWiwjqj.png

Manyullyn blade and the rest is thaumium (yep I'm advanced in Thaumcraft too but nothing big has been done) I added a leadstone energy cell and am in need of more quartz to add damage on it.

Still no ender lily. I'm gonna cry for lack of enderpearls.

Oh and here's how my base looks like now.
vEdRNrS.jpg

Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure going to keep an eye on this thread

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Some nice building you got going :)

For the cleaver, this looks a bit wrong too me, but hey, tinker's are made like you want!

I would have put an paper and an thaumium rods for extra modifiers, but that kills it's durability :p

A tip for AE: Try to find the right size of disk for every item you have a good amount of.

Ex: Cobble, you have 1million. Either you put that in an dsu or you take an 64k storage set to hold ONLY cobble
Ex2: Carrots, you have 1000. Take a 1k or 4K and set it to hold it

It's simple, but takes a lot of time. It will however, help a crap load for your storage!

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of the storage limitations and am making more cells when needed.

Now I ignored bees for a while. I decided to work a few hours on them. The resulting garden was unexpected.

DsZbvIh.png

By the way that building is mostly unfinished. I just don't know what to do inside but at least it's a space I can use later.

Then I built an infusion altar. It's not the final one but it can be used for those early infusions.

IuyNA7l.jpg

p5vmimm.png

I'm not very fond of the blackstone brick, was simply experimenting. Also I'll change the torches for candles before making any infusion.