[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
ok so this is the image of what happen i managed to fix this with a simple log out and log back in but mabe somthing you can look into[DOUBLEPOST=1407905576][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can drag+drop the picture into the box where you type in text. It saves it as an attachment, like so(Just a random image that was on my desktop for whatever reason):

and thank you for your help =D

Attachments

• chunk error near spawnhouse.png
    chunk error near spawnhouse.png
    562.5 KB · Views: 102

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have harvestcraftwaila added to fix all the waila plant stuff
Also, the neiaddons you have isn't the lastest (don't know if it matters, just caught it by chance when grabbing the above out of ag skies mod folder)

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
That's just a regular chunk error. You get those even in vanilla. Nothing to do about it but reload the world.

oh ok thanks first time its ever happen to me so i didnt know what was happening :3 thanks for your help

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice to have harvestcraftwaila added to fix all the waila plant stuff
Also, the neiaddons you have isn't the lastest (don't know if it matters, just caught it by chance when grabbing the above out of ag skies mod folder)
I'll look into mod updates soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1407955923][/DOUBLEPOST]Added a new little section on the original post for any playthroughs of the map! If you are recording videos, lemme know!

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
First love the map. If I may make a suggestion tho. You may have covered it in your more begginers quests update. To do the first quest you need glass. To make glass you need a furnace which requires cobble. to get that you need to make a pick. I figured out the TiCo portion of it as it's how I usually default stArt now. For tutorials sake tho maybe you should explain that via quest? Or perhaps just start us with the qds to progress and make us make the hopper.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
First love the map. If I may make a suggestion tho. You may have covered it in your more begginers quests update. To do the first quest you need glass. To make glass you need a furnace which requires cobble. to get that you need to make a pick. I figured out the TiCo portion of it as it's how I usually default stArt now. For tutorials sake tho maybe you should explain that via quest? Or perhaps just start us with the qds to progress and make us make the hopper.
The update has a QDS quest all by itself which will basically do everything you said above :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I think you should include the qds as well. Since you don't use it till later quests really, I don't think it's to anyone's advantage. Also, right from the start, it'd be nice to know what I'm supposed to do. Should I be trying to do quests, walk around island. Am I supposed to move into the mansion, will that screw anything up, etc... I ended up making camp right there where I started and walled off the area to try to get survival stuff in place and when I saw I had to make the qds, I had to go mining and get a bunch of sand for glass, etc... I know how to do all of that, no problem, but early on, if you're going to touch on anything to start the person off in a direction, it might make sense to at least nudge them that way. As it stands, I have zero clue what the molten redstone thing is in basement, those items in shelves, do I need them for something or do I just use them, etc....

Also, just curious, what happens if you throw things in the hopper puzzles that's not supposed to go in? Do they get returned or sucked in somewhere? I was very tempted to mine around them and see the logic but resisted. Are you using some of the HQM blocks that aren't used in other packs? I see them in NEI but never played with HQM edit-wise.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should include the qds as well. Since you don't use it till later quests really, I don't think it's to anyone's advantage. Also, right from the start, it'd be nice to know what I'm supposed to do. Should I be trying to do quests, walk around island. Am I supposed to move into the mansion, will that screw anything up, etc... I ended up making camp right there where I started and walled off the area to try to get survival stuff in place and when I saw I had to make the qds, I had to go mining and get a bunch of sand for glass, etc... I know how to do all of that, no problem, but early on, if you're going to touch on anything to start the person off in a direction, it might make sense to at least nudge them that way. As it stands, I have zero clue what the molten redstone thing is in basement, those items in shelves, do I need them for something or do I just use them, etc....

Also, just curious, what happens if you throw things in the hopper puzzles that's not supposed to go in? Do they get returned or sucked in somewhere? I was very tempted to mine around them and see the logic but resisted. Are you using some of the HQM blocks that aren't used in other packs? I see them in NEI but never played with HQM edit-wise.
Looks like one of the future updates is going to need some clarifying on some stuff in the lore. I can promise that'll get fixed. The house is yours, that's where I expect base to be. Everything in the house is yours to use. To start off, doing quests is all you should do. Once you finish the beginner beginners trials, it unlocks the quests that involve exploration and the hopper systems. Also if you want to tear apart the hopper systems, it's basically build craft logic gates. The items will sit in a chest and nothing will activate unless its the item needed for the quest. Make a copy of the map and then you can see the logic behind it. It's very useful for multiplayer shops as well.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is that new update supposed to be rolled out today by ftb? I only see 1.1.0 still on launcher. I figure I will start over again once that update hits so I can move into the creepy mansion and the ultra morvy decor.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
The pack update got approved today and is in queue and is waiting for uploading. Should come tonight and if not, tomorrow.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
iv also been curious you have AM2 in the pack but disabled would it matter if i enable it or was it somthing u forgot to remove?

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog:

-1 new quest in Beginner's Trials to aid in beginning the map
-fixed locations in Annoying Neighbors
-changed the elevator draining XP since ya'll were having fits bout it (and I never liked it either)
-fixed the Flubber Quest
-fixed the creosote quest
-tweaked some other configs
-fixed vanilla tool crafting quests
-renamed Farmer Tom/Joe/etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1408228329][/DOUBLEPOST]
iv also been curious you have AM2 in the pack but disabled would it matter if i enable it or was it somthing u forgot to remove?
Basically I had it in at first and then I realized I didn't want a whole questing section devoted to magic. There was going to be a Thaumcraft and AM2 questing line but I struggled to find quests and figured I'd take it out. Any of those who enjoy playing with it are welcome to add it. It will not break anything except for world gen not spawning AM2 things within the borders of the map (you'd have to run out a little whiles). I'm just not a huge fan of the mod.

Atomicwaffles

Jul 29, 2019
I strongly suggest you re-evaluate the difficulty, and what the requirements to complete the quests are. Building a generator early game is good. Building 10 is silly, only to consume 7 of them after is just spiteful. Even with a smeltery you go through mountains of iron. The alloy quest is just icing on the cake to making the quests frustrating, not fun. This isn't end game Agrarian Skies where you are trying to produce some ungodly amount of MacGuffin A, this is still early game. You should try to speed up the early game, not slow it down.

You have a good concept here, but a lot of clarity is needed. Keep in mind that questing is to reward the player for doing things they normally wouldn't do, allowing them to learn along the way. At least in early game. For instance, I remembered that I still dislike Industrial Craft. Make far more of your quests auto detect on build. Telling a player that gizmo A is awesome, and is totally worth the time to build, despite a high cost for early game (tool forge) then consuming it is kinda mean.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just pointing out that you really need to look at the balance. I would love to play it again at that point, but for now I'm going to toss my small mountain of False Diamonds into some lava, then jump in after them. Seriously, I have 7.

And before anyone says it's just too hard, it's not. It's tedious. Tedious != hard. I loves me a challenge. ;)