[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
anyone manage to finish the flubber quest still cant figure out how to get the Factory Machine Blocks

also on a side note for everyone that uses the elevators yes it does drain exp per use but a good way around that is to place essence berry bushes near your elevators to always have that extra exp if u need it or just remove the elevator and replace it but over all i understand that the whole exp drain does add up but i feel that it should be part of it to make it abit more harder cause exp isnt really all that hard to come by

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
@OlexaKid64 im not sure if this was an oversight but you are not able to craft the vanilla iron axe and therefore not able to craft the sawmill. If i missed something let me know but NEI does not show a recipe.
Well aware, being fixed in the next update.[DOUBLEPOST=1407815520][/DOUBLEPOST]
anyone manage to finish the flubber quest still cant figure out how to get the Factory Machine Blocks

also on a side note for everyone that uses the elevators yes it does drain exp per use but a good way around that is to place essence berry bushes near your elevators to always have that extra exp if u need it or just remove the elevator and replace it but over all i understand that the whole exp drain does add up but i feel that it should be part of it to make it abit more harder cause exp isnt really all that hard to come by
This is a bug (the flubber) , will be fixed *hopefully* in next update.[DOUBLEPOST=1407815748][/DOUBLEPOST]
Trying to make a server but It can't gen the world properly. Is this more single player only?
A server is possible but you have to be a bit careful with certain mods. You have to make sure you remove a couple mods from the server folder.
-InventoryTweaks
-Waila
-Zan's Minimap

Hopefully deleting those will work. I know the modpack works on a server because I made part of it on a server :p Feel free to PM me and I can try to help you with it.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok thanks you the reply i guess for now ill just spawn in the item to continue the quest line thanks

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok thanks you the reply i guess for now ill just spawn in the item to continue the quest line thanks
That is exactly as you should do :) The updates go out on Thursdays and Fridays so hopefully it will be fixed then.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
My world is crash, and DELETING my save... (fight the mobs, and died. When died, clicking the respawn, and BUMM.)
There is the CRASH LOG:
http://pastebin.com/sE01P0Nz
In the video, the modpack is not the same, but the same error!
Seems to be an issue with ram and or JVM arguments. Try assigning more ram to your game, if you don't have java 64 bit installed, install it. Finally go to options in the launcher, then advanced options, and type in the jvm arguments this line with quotations. "-Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=256m". If that doesn't work then I don't have a clue.

Kampfkeule

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, first I must say I love your map !But I found a little Bug at the "Rolling out the Creosote" - Quest ! The Questbook doesn´t accept the Coal Coke when I took it from the Coke Oven. For now I repair it by myself and took the Coal Coke in an second task as a detection task.
Sorry for my English but I come from Germany !!! ^^

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, first I must say I love your map !But I found a little Bug at the "Rolling out the Creosote" - Quest ! The Questbook doesn´t accept the Coal Coke when I took it from the Coke Oven. For now I repair it by myself and took the Coal Coke in an second task as a detection task.
Sorry for my English but I come from Germany !!! ^^
I haven't seen this bug yet, I'll have to look into it. Thank you!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Interesting map. I will say that your requirements for some things seem a bit off and rewards are pretty small in comparison (the turn in the alloys one for example). I think you mentioned already that you were revisiting some of them which is good. It'd be nice to see iguana tweaks or the other one that superceded it (don't rem name off hand). Throwing away tools w/o ability to modify them seems wierd now that every pack pretty much has that in it. I swear original tinkers had that ability, tho it might be the text in the table that makes me think that.

Anyways. Finally got into that branch of quests in first quest and decided to browse the other quests. Looked at the puzzle master one. You have a location 0,0,0 and yes, I see the hut with witch locked away nearby but 0,0,0 is below bedrock? Is that intended? Maybe you meant 0,65,0? There doesn't seem to be any cryptograms in that hut, just some signs with item names unless that's it. I saw the island and another place including the mansion itself holding clues to a word cipher so I guess I'm curious as to where you start since I think that 0,0,0 is a mistake.

As far as above quest ... this is wierd. When I open up annoying neighbors I get that quest and to goto 0,0,0 but if I right click, I'm brought to a much broader selection of quests for neighbors but none of them are listed as puzzlemaster which is really odd.

also made the tinker table and the 4 pieces of armor and only the table showed up in the quest as made.

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting map. I will say that your requirements for some things seem a bit off and rewards are pretty small in comparison (the turn in the alloys one for example). I think you mentioned already that you were revisiting some of them which is good. It'd be nice to see iguana tweaks or the other one that superceded it (don't rem name off hand). Throwing away tools w/o ability to modify them seems wierd now that every pack pretty much has that in it. I swear original tinkers had that ability, tho it might be the text in the table that makes me think that.

Anyways. Finally got into that branch of quests in first quest and decided to browse the other quests. Looked at the puzzle master one. You have a location 0,0,0 and yes, I see the hut with witch locked away nearby but 0,0,0 is below bedrock? Is that intended? Maybe you meant 0,65,0? There doesn't seem to be any cryptograms in that hut, just some signs with item names unless that's it. I saw the island and another place including the mansion itself holding clues to a word cipher so I guess I'm curious as to where you start since I think that 0,0,0 is a mistake.

As far as above quest ... this is wierd. When I open up annoying neighbors I get that quest and to goto 0,0,0 but if I right click, I'm brought to a much broader selection of quests for neighbors but none of them are listed as puzzlemaster which is really odd.

also made the tinker table and the 4 pieces of armor and only the table showed up in the quest as made.
I'll have to look back at all of that. My apologies.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
no apologies necessary. So far it's the only quest that I've had to hqm edit except for of course the one with the machine block and I mod'd the config to allow vanilla tools to get past other things till you update. I take back the comment about rewards. I was expecting first set to be easy quests and now I'm seeing that there really isn't any gimme's :}

I found the fugly wife but I have zero clue where the jail is :} A location or a clue would probably help at that point.

Also, I keep on running out of food and going back home to cook it up or whatever cause the hunger overhaul setting is set to limit size of stacks. wondering if that was intentional? If so, maybe relax some of the growth params in same config to allow more rapid growth of crops? I've got a 9x9 farm next to mansion and it is SLOW going even with tank/sprinkler/bonemeal.

btw, you really are very very good at designing really good looking architecture. I'm very impressed on the quality of these houses, etc.. must have taken you forever with all the carpenters blocks. wow. really cool looking tho.

I also thing this is an interesting way to put lots of quests in, giving fake quest givers, etc... an interesting take on the unknown entity that hands down quests. please tell me there's no purple madness quest in here tho I saw the 10k fish. heh

Glad you released this.

edit: oh, and jabba barrels would be a must have here. maybe SFM(steve's factory manager) too?
edit 2: oh, and I found the puzzlemaster quest. it has no icon but it's there in that grouping. wierd that it opens automatically and not the group when you go to that group.
edit 3: farmer tom's cabin quest shows up as 0,0,0 as well even tho I found it on my own obviously close. ok I found farmer joe not tom? and that and a couple other location quests all show up as 0,0,0 and you need to go to that location to start that quest, so probably not going to work. I'll see if I can make it to 0,0,0 or close to it and see what happens I guess :}

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
no apologies necessary. So far it's the only quest that I've had to hqm edit except for of course the one with the machine block and I mod'd the config to allow vanilla tools to get past other things till you update. I take back the comment about rewards. I was expecting first set to be easy quests and now I'm seeing that there really isn't any gimme's :}

I found the fugly wife but I have zero clue where the jail is :} A location or a clue would probably help at that point.

Also, I keep on running out of food and going back home to cook it up or whatever cause the hunger overhaul setting is set to limit size of stacks. wondering if that was intentional? If so, maybe relax some of the growth params in same config to allow more rapid growth of crops? I've got a 9x9 farm next to mansion and it is SLOW going even with tank/sprinkler/bonemeal.

btw, you really are very very good at designing really good looking architecture. I'm very impressed on the quality of these houses, etc.. must have taken you forever with all the carpenters blocks. wow. really cool looking tho.

I also thing this is an interesting way to put lots of quests in, giving fake quest givers, etc... an interesting take on the unknown entity that hands down quests. please tell me there's no purple madness quest in here tho I saw the 10k fish. heh

Glad you released this.

edit: oh, and jabba barrels would be a must have here. maybe SFM(steve's factory manager) too?
edit 2: oh, and I found the puzzlemaster quest. it has no icon but it's there in that grouping. wierd that it opens automatically and not the group when you go to that group.
edit 3: farmer tom's cabin quest shows up as 0,0,0 as well even tho I found it on my own obviously close. ok I found farmer joe not tom? and that and a couple other location quests all show up as 0,0,0 and you need to go to that location to start that quest, so probably not going to work. I'll see if I can make it to 0,0,0 or close to it and see what happens I guess :}
I have a large update coming out this week that will fix everything you have mentioned here. I really appreciate your comments, it's helping make the map as good as possible :)[DOUBLEPOST=1407880967][/DOUBLEPOST]

Glad you released this.

Also I didn't wanna put in Jabba because I feel it's a bit too easy to store that many items. The need for Deep Storage Units could not be greater.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Next Update includessss....
-1 new quest in Beginner's Trials to aid in beginning the map
-fixed locations in Annoying Neighbors
-changed the elevator draining XP since ya'll were having fits bout it (and I never liked it either)
-fixed the Flubber Quest
-fixed the creosote quest
-tweaked some other configs
-fixed vanilla tool crafting quests
-renamed Farmer Tom/Joe/etc.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I have a large update coming out this week that will fix everything you have mentioned here. I really appreciate your comments, it's helping make the map as good as possible :)[DOUBLEPOST=1407880967][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also I didn't wanna put in Jabba because I feel it's a bit too easy to store that many items. The need for Deep Storage Units could not be greater.
ur pack, ur choice. my question is what's too easy? the recipe? You can change it via minetweaker or what not can you not? I think one thing jabba has over DSU's is the ability to grab/put items directly w/o any interface involved. also, you can just drop all of one item by double right clicking. DSU's hold much more items (2billion or so?) whereas jabba maxes out at 8192 stacks which takes enderium and end stone and other things for each upgrade, etc... not cheap. dsu is what, tesseract frame, some invar some hardened glass and machine blocks (which you can't make now anyways :} ). the one OP thing depending on what you're aiming for that jabba has is it's unification. For example, you can use it to cheat some things that aren't properly oredict'd (i.e. pneumaticraft seeds for one). Once you have an AE system, alot of this goes to the wayside.

is the next update going to be a map reset? I think I read you didn't want to do a reset. Want to know so I can gauge whether to continue on or not.

Also, yeah, I was able to get close to 0,0,0 and it opened up all those quests but I have no clue where the locations are so yeah, I'll have to hopefully reset my progress on those to start them over again once update's out.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
ur pack, ur choice. my question is what's too easy? the recipe? You can change it via minetweaker or what not can you not? I think one thing jabba has over DSU's is the ability to grab/put items directly w/o any interface involved. also, you can just drop all of one item by double right clicking. DSU's hold much more items (2billion or so?) whereas jabba maxes out at 8192 stacks which takes enderium and end stone and other things for each upgrade, etc... not cheap. dsu is what, tesseract frame, some invar some hardened glass and machine blocks (which you can't make now anyways :} ). the one OP thing depending on what you're aiming for that jabba has is it's unification. For example, you can use it to cheat some things that aren't properly oredict'd (i.e. pneumaticraft seeds for one). Once you have an AE system, alot of this goes to the wayside.

is the next update going to be a map reset? I think I read you didn't want to do a reset. Want to know so I can gauge whether to continue on or not.

Also, yeah, I was able to get close to 0,0,0 and it opened up all those quests but I have no clue where the locations are so yeah, I'll have to hopefully reset my progress on those to start them over again once update's out.
No reset on the map will be needed. My goal is to never have that happen. And maybe JABBA will make an appearance in a future update.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Hey OlexaKid64 i just thought id bring it up to see what you would think but what about somehow added a bedrock/unbreakable block for the Neighbor quests before i even knew what those things were cause the quest line for them doesnt open up until after a long process of making a ton of machines i kinda didnt know i wasnt suppose to just break the hoppers and go under and take everything mabe u can add it so u cant just mine under and collect the sponge things like that?

also for anyone who places a sponge say *Puzzle Throphy* down and collect it again it turns into a regular sponge u can always use a anvil and change its name to turn it in.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey OlexaKid64 i just thought id bring it up to see what you would think but what about somehow added a bedrock/unbreakable block for the Neighbor quests before i even knew what those things were cause the quest line for them doesnt open up until after a long process of making a ton of machines i kinda didnt know i wasnt suppose to just break the hoppers and go under and take everything mabe u can add it so u cant just mine under and collect the sponge things like that?

also for anyone who places a sponge say *Puzzle Throphy* down and collect it again it turns into a regular sponge u can always use a anvil and change its name to turn it in.
In order to do that, a map reset would be needed and I don't want that. I figured I could trust the mature community that is Feed the Beast to not cheat on questing lines. :)

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
In order to do that, a map reset would be needed and I don't want that. I figured I could trust the mature community that is Feed the Beast to not cheat on questing lines. :)

ahh i see i understand u dont wanna reset the map but why not just add a note in the quest or somthing? cause to be completly honest i didnt know it was part of the quest line i was just exploring looking for ores and stuff to actually complete the beginners trails to unlock all the quest and just happen to mine all that stuff up idk i just thought give my option thats all :)

Last edited:

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
ok so im not to sure what happen but the chunk error falls area seems to have spread to my spawn/starter house where the elevators are but it was never their before and not sure when it happen problly around the time when i was at the valcano dungeon grinding blaze rods for ender tanks and chests i have a image saved but not sure how to post it in forums so u can see it i assume this isnt suppose to happen?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
ok so im not to sure what happen but the chunk error falls area seems to have spread to my spawn/starter house where the elevators are but it was never their before and not sure when it happen problly around the time when i was at the valcano dungeon grinding blaze rods for ender tanks and chests i have a image saved but not sure how to post it in forums so u can see it i assume this isnt suppose to happen?
You can drag+drop the picture into the box where you type in text. It saves it as an attachment, like so(Just a random image that was on my desktop for whatever reason):

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 108