Nothing on Twitch will launch

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
G

genthug

Title Nothing on Twitch will launch

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Beyond, Regrowth, FTB SkyFactory 3, FTB Vanilla +

Modpack version 1.8.1, 1.0.2, 3.0.10, 1.1.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/15c43e7f

Details of the issue It seems as though both Windows and Twitch updated today when I turned my machine on. For both SF3 and Beyond, they get a fair ways through FML, up to stage 4, before crashing. For both Regrowth (which I understand is not a FTB modpack, however I figured I would include it just in case) and Vanilla+, they crashed nigh immediately, before even getting into the FML loading screen. I am running NVidia's latest driver 382.33, so I did not believe that would be an issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I was able to play each of these modpacks just last night, and suddenly literally none of them work, even after both fresh installs of the packs themselves and an entire fresh install of the Twitch app.

G

genthug

Bit of added information--for both SkyFactory and for Beyond, I noticed that the launcher was consistently crashing at the same point, always at RFTools. Removing RFTools from both packs ended up allowing the packs to launch. Still attempting to troubleshoot Regrowth and Vanilla+. If anyone has any other info or any questions for me please ask, I would love to be able to play these again.

G

genthug

Bump--Does anyone have literally ANYTHING to add? If not, could you at least point me in a direction where I could ask elsewhere to actually get an answer?

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The problem with trying to debug your problem here is that none of the log files include a fatal crash/stacktrace, which implies that it's a system problem. Try updating graphics driver first, then Java and see if that helps

G

genthug

Both are updated to the latest version. One of the first things I did myself after coming on to the forums was uninstall every single NVidia Driver that was leftover on my system from when I'd been updating them. I just attempted to switch the Java that was being used from the one that comes with the pack via the Twitch Launcher to 1.8.31, that did not fix the issue either. At this point I could likely do a system restore to the point prior to my updating Windows 10. Would that be something that I should try to do? These issues only started popping up when that happened.

A

andwhat11

what version of windows are you running, i have windows 10 version N and it does not come with the media package update. i had to install that before i could play any of the FTB packs on the curse launcher.

G

genthug

Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

Edit::Also, if the update you're speaking of was the recent "Creators Update", that was the update in question that occurred the day these packs all collectively stopped working.

Last edited:
A

andwhat11

Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

Edit::Also, if the update you're speaking of was the recent "Creators Update", that was the update in question that occurred the day these packs all collectively stopped working.
no i was talking about the the microsoft download that allows you to use things like movie maker. i had to download that in order for the packs to load. but i do not have the creators update yet so that may be your problem.

G

genthug

So--I reset my computer. It was subsequently working again. After a bit, I redownloaded MSI Afterburner and HWMonitor to monitor my machine, and overclock my GPU once more. After downloading them, they no longer wanted to launch. After uninstalling both of them, the games would launch. I do not know which one it is at this moment in time however it was one of these utilities that was preventing the game from launching successfully.