not sure if this is the place to ask this question

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
Title:
not sure if this is the place to ask this question
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
like the title says i dont know if this is the place to ask this and if its not im sorry

in any case very often on my ftb modpacks i get borderline bad fps of about 30-40 fps wich is possible to play but just not the best experience
now i got 7 out of 8 gb's of ram allocated to ftb i tried 6 and 5 and under 5 is just realy bad fps
but im not sure if this is a ram problem? do i need more ram? i have a gtx 970 video card and a i5 4690 processor and am considering to get another 8gb of ram but i wanted to ask maybe someone knows whats up with it its been like this since ever

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Keep the allocated ram to 3-4gb - more than 4,5 will just cause issues.

Post a full log, that will provide information about your system - perhaps something will show that could help anyone here to help you out. With out logs it's just a guessing game.