Bug Not able to increase view-distance on Infinity and Direwolf20

Trollulz

Jul 29, 2019
So I have two servers set up, both a Direwolf20 server running v. 1.0.3. And an Infinity server running v. 1.2.1, and, for some reason both of the servers are stuck at a certain view distance, and doesn't load any further, until you move closer, the infinity one has a way small view distance than the direwolf20 server though, seems to be around 3 - 4 chunks..

Picture here:
3QKwOCw.png

I have tried to change the server setting within McMyAdmin which took it into the server.properties automatically, and I tried to change it manually, but no difference.

All the basic mods are enabled on both server, however on Infinity I removed fastcraft and Not Enough Resources.
Some of the plugins that are installed on both servers:
AdminToolkit
AntiLagg
AutoMessage
Autorank
ConsoleScheduler
CoreProtect
EnjinMinecraftPLugin
Essentials
GriefPrevention
HolographicDisplays
Multiverse-Core and Portals
PermissionsEx
VariableTriggers
Vault
Votifier
WorldBorder
WorldEdit
and WorldGuard

Gosh I feel like such a noob for not being able to increase something so simple as the view distance..
Also, this limit applies for all players of the server, not just me. I've tried to change it from 3, to 5, to 8, to 10 and to 12, but all the same..

Thanks for reading.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Does this behavior also occur on a regular Forge server? Are you restarting the server after the change in server.properties is made? Have you tried pressing F3+T on the client to force a texture pack reload and re-render?

Trollulz

Jul 29, 2019
Does this behavior also occur on a regular Forge server? Are you restarting the server after the change in server.properties is made? Have you tried pressing F3+T on the client to force a texture pack reload and re-render?

Yeah the server has restarted multiple times since then, also yeah done the last one, even tried uninstalling Feed The Beast and re-installing the modpacks. This doesn't just happen to me, but everyone else on the server.
Forgot to mention, both the servers are using Cauldron.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a Cauldron bug. Put a test server on Forge instead of Cauldron temporarily to find out.

Trollulz

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a Cauldron bug. Put a test server on Forge instead of Cauldron temporarily to find out.

Okay so I managed to fix it, not sure what it was, however when I removed Cauldron and installed it again, it seemed to fix itself, and I was able to increase the view distance.
Your suggestion saying it was a Cauldron bug made me try it, so, thank you! :)