Whitelist Server NOM Gaming | Mature | Bukkit | PvE | Small Community | 20 Slots | Vent | Staffed

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

williamtul11

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Name: William
  2. Minecraft Username: williamtul11
  3. Age: 19
  4. Describe your Minecraft experience: I have been playing since beta. I have been playing the FTB packs for about 4 months.
  5. Are you a social player?: I try to be but its hard when no one talks back to you
  6. Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Not that i know of
  7. Why do you want to join our server?: The reason I want to join the server is so i can learn more about FTB and its always fun to play with other people.

kissrocksforever

Jul 29, 2019
  • Name: Andrew
  • Minecraft Username: kissrocksforever
  • Describe your Minecraft experience: I started playing during Beta 1.2, back in February 2011. I've been a member of several servers during my time, and I've always fit in well. (Except recently with dogs of the state - they think its fine to ban people if they fall through a hole in the ground...literally) I enjoy building, caving, and pretty much every aspect of minecraft. FTB is a great mod pack and it has kept me very busy over the last couple months.
  • Are you a social player?: Yes, I like building by other players, but I don't mind going off on my own either if there's a nether hub for fast travel. I don't like being isolated.
  • Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Not yet ;)
  • Why do you want to join our server?: It looks great. I like how you ask players to go on vent before being whitelisted so that you get a better idea of who's joining. I also like how the server is for the most part vanilla FTB. (Honestly would prefer gregtech on, but its certainly something I can live with.) I also like how you seem to be community minded. The biggest attraction by far is how you stress maturity and that the server is 18+. I don't have anything against younger players, but I just seem to get along and i'm more social with players around and above my age.

unhappymaweena

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Name: David
  2. Minecraft Username: unhappymaweena
  3. Age: 13
  4. Describe your Minecraft experience: Played long time
  5. Are you a social player?: yes
  6. Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: No
  7. Why do you want to join our server?: Because i would like to stop playing ssp and i would like to play with your community and i would like to get better at ftb with all your players

Kalafein

Jul 29, 2019
1. Name: Ed
2. IGN: Kalafein
3. Age: 25
4: Describe your Minecraft history: I've played on a few servers with friends and typically try to shoot for ambitious and large scale projects, or group projects with friends.
5. How do you wish to contribute to the community: I'd like to contribute through both social and building aspects of the server.
6. Are you a social Minecraft player or do you play and build on your own: Typically I like to build socially but occasionally I'll get an idea in my head of what I'd like to build, and various aspects of what I want to do make me want to build by myself (seeing if I can build something to the scale I want to solo, specific design that's in my head, etc.)
7. Have you played with anyone within NOMNOM Gaming before: Malisk

mcbob

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Name:James marshall
  2. Minecraft Username:bobmarshall
  3. Age:16
  4. Describe your Minecraft experience: I played alot of minecraft. Now i started to play feed the beast and before i played some tekkit.
  5. Are you a social player?: Yes i am. Thats why im joining this server
  6. Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Yes i already have 1 freind there
  7. Why do you want to join our server?: I want to join this server because its looks like a decent server and love projects where u can work togheter.

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
@ William - Read Below
@ Ed - Read Below
@ Andrew - Read Below
@ David - Sorry but the age of 13 is a little bit too low beyond our minimum. I appreciate your application but I will not be able to accept it.
@ Bobmarshall - You're already playing and in vent - Xacktar took care of you

William, Ed, Andrew - Thank you all so much for applying!
If you hop into ventrilo sometime and talk to either Xacktar or Tamirox (or clave if you see him), then we can whitelist you. We do ask that we talk to players in vent for the first time before we whitelist, but you're not required to be in vent all the time.

Feel free to check out our website! nomgaming.com
We would appreciate you signing up and keeping in contact on their! We have a getting started guide, as well as a place for introductions! Feel free to check us out!

Welcome William, Ed, and Andrew!

If you have an issue with joining ventrilo - let me know.

~Spencer

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
Ed - By the way, GregTech IS ENABLED. Only the quarries have been removed from the greg tech recipe - they are the original recipe from buildcraft my friend!

mau5on

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Name: Mason
  2. Minecraft Username: mau5on
  3. Age: 17
  4. Describe your Minecraft experience: I've played Minecraft for a few years, then I played Tekkit for a little bit and now Im on FTB.
  5. Are you a social player?: I like to think so.
  6. Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Nope
  7. Why do you want to join our server?: It seems like a good community with professional staff and in my opinion when there is good staff there is a good place experience.

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
@Mason - Same goes with you buddy! Hop on in ventrilo sometime and we can talk to you about getting whitelisted :) Thank you for applying and we look forward to seeing you in game!!

Go ahead and join our website nomgaming.com if you wouldn't mind, and possibly post an introduction in our introduction thread :)

Welcome!

~spencer

mau5on

Jul 29, 2019
Alright! I'll have to go pick up a new mic from the store before that though as my current mic is broken!

mooo312

Jul 29, 2019
  • Name: Jimmy
  • Minecraft Username: mooo312
  • Describe your Minecraft experience: I play with my friends on my home server but I like playing with other people.
  • Are you a social player?: Yes i will help people with things but I do like to have my own house and such.
  • Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: No never have
  • Why do you want to join our server?: I want to join because I have fun playing ftb but have never played with anyone other than myself and friends

Lexxa

Jul 29, 2019
  • Name: Alexandria
  • Minecraft Username: Lexxa
  • Describe your Minecraft experience: I've hopped from server to server, mostly designing elaborate towers and homes for my friends. I've been playing for about two years, but I'm trying to learn more about FTB.
  • Are you a social player?: Yep yep!
  • Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Not as far as I'm aware!
  • Why do you want to join our server?: My friend, who goes by the50258, plays on this server and I would like to play with him~

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
@Alexandria - Go ahead and register on nomgaming.com sometime! Thank you for applying and I am willing to whitelist you since you are someones friend. If you don't mind, hop into vent sometime with either Me, Xacktar, or Tamirox, and we can whitelist you! We are more than willing to help with FTB issues! We are very knowledgeable and everyone is very helpful!

@Jimmy - We currently have filled up pretty quickly... I will have to let you know later today or tomorrow if we are going to be accepting anymore this week. If you want, please sign up on the website and keep in touch with us!!! Thanks!

~spencer

JamesHiltonEP

Jul 29, 2019
Name: James Hilton
Minecraft Username: pipsqueak1147
Describe your Minecraft experience: I like playing with people. I have played for 4 years and I'm a modder.
Are you a social player: Yes, I love to help people with mods and I tell modders what they need to fix.
Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Nope, but I would love to now!!
Why do you want to join our server?: Because I like mods, I"m a modder, and I want to make new friends

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
Pipsqueak,

Thank you for your application and considering NOM Gaming in your search for a server. However; I am going to have to deny you for two different reasons.

1: Our current members list is getting rather full and are only accepting "friends of friends" pretty much.
2: Your age, at 13, is just not going to fit with our current community. Our community is 18+ and we only consider those at least of the age of 16.

Again, Thank you for your post.

~Spencer

Numilex

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Name: Alex
  2. Minecraft Username: Numilex
  3. Age: 16
  4. Describe your Minecraft experience: Been playing since Beta 1.2, I know how to redstone and I enjoy playing the survival aspect of Minecraft the most. I have mainly been playing on small servers with my friends because the majority of servers on the internet are run by 12 year olds asking for $100 donations, and are so dang laggy. I've never played any mods really, FTB opened up a whole lot of things for me to do on Minecraft again, and I really enjoy the technical mods in this pack.
  5. Are you a social player?: Yeah!
  6. Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Nope.
  7. Why do you want to join our server?: You guys seem like a nice active community with good dedicated hardware, no griefers and immature 12 year olds, and good support from mods. I was also impressed by the server introduction post. Most of all though, singleplayer is boring. :p

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon!

-Alex

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Alex... Saw you on the forums a little bit - feel free to join the site and keep in touch.

I am heading to work right now - So I will not be able to handle this until later tonight. I would like to talk to you a little bit more in vent sometime, feel free to hop in and talk to the guys.

We are definitely an active/mature community and we want to keep it that way.

~Spencer

Doughnut189

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Name: Jean
  2. Minecraft Username: Doughnut189
  3. Age: Eighteen-and-some-time
  4. Describe your Minecraft experience: Within the last bit of time, me and my friend Andy have been searching for a decent FTB server- no small task, I can assure you. Our main roadblocks have been that, -the server is hosted in Kalamazoo, Timbuktu and has thirty-second block lag, -the server is run by maniacal elitists who disable half the mods unless you donate, -or the playerbase is hilariously paranoid and hostile.
  5. Are you a social player?: Mostly with a select group. If the community is good I can be social.
  6. Have you played with anyone within NOM Gaming before: Not to my knowledge. I hadn't heard of the community up until now.
  7. Why do you want to join our server?: So that I can make soufflés on it. I make wonderful soufflés. Except for the ones that are terrible. But we don't talk about those.
post-statement: I wanted to spoiler a picture of a soufflé that I made to the bottom of this thread, but for some reason that created six separate spoilers. So please imagine a delicious, fluffy soufflé in the following blank space:

. thank you