No sound

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Rasih

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
No sound
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
All
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I have no sound all the sound sliders are max and volume is not muted.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
in win7 there is an option to set volume for separated programs. may be it will help.

FlowingSpace

Jul 29, 2019
I dont have sound in Vanilla either...

Are you talking about the volume mixer? if so MC is not muted.

Try copying the assets folder from a working minecraft folder into your modpack, the only problem i can think of is that the sounds were downloaded wrong/corrupted/ are inaccessible.

Can you show us the log to examine the problem. :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
From http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/179492/no-sound-in-minecraft

I ended up finding this myself, with help from @Blue_Dragon360, who suggested looking at the mixer.

(from previous comment -- I couldn't answer the question at the time -- too soon)

I looked at the mixer, however minecraft never showed up there. On a whim, I clicked on "Playback devices", then "Configure" on the default speakers icon, and changed it from "Surround" to "Stereo", and lo and behold, it started working. I've had it on surround forever, so I have no idea why it matters now. Regardless, it's working now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rasih

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I fixed my issue Minecraft was muted in Razer synapse thank you to all that tried to help :D

L

lilytiny613

so i am having the same problems i only have magic worlds 2 installed and have no sound but my vanilla works where would i paste the asset folder to in the mod folders?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
so i am having the same problems i only have magic worlds 2 installed and have no sound but my vanilla works where would i paste the asset folder to in the mod folders?
first thing first: this thread is old and thus it may be better to make a new thread if the options provided here did not solve it as things have changed since then.
Second thing: pasting the assets folder was not something that ended up working, and because of how those are handled it will most likely never be a fix. (Pretty sure that there is error detection on the assets folder, causing it to be automatically be re-downloaded if there is an error).