No silver ores generated

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Arbitur

Jul 29, 2019
So I changed some config files to not spawn the same stuff from different mods for example copper (IC2, Factorization, Thermal Expansion) to make it only get generated from one of the mods.

So I changed it in the thermal expansion to not generate silver ores because I thought that IC2 would generate silver ores by default.

And now Ive played in my world for a few days and just noticed I need silver...

I changed the config back to generate silver ores from Thermal expansion but I still cant find any.

So this is where I get a lil scared, do I have to make a new world to get the silver ores or is there a way to fix this?

Arbitur

Jul 29, 2019
Turn on Thermal Expansion retro gen. That should do the trick.
Whats retro gen? sorry Im not at my desktop at the moment and cant check

And by doing that will the silver ores start to generate? or is that only determined on world creation?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Whats retro gen? sorry Im not at my desktop at the moment and cant check

And by doing that will the silver ores start to generate? or is that only determined on world creation?
It is a setting in the TE config. It will on startup "redo" the oregen and generate the ore once more. This means that you will get silver generated in all the already spawned chunks.

As far as I understand it you should already have silver spawning in new chunks that you spawn. But if you have explored a lot you might need to go far away to find it. This is what you can avoid with the retrogen.

Arbitur

Jul 29, 2019
It is a setting in the TE config. It will on startup "redo" the oregen and generate the ore once more. This means that you will get silver generated in all the already spawned chunks.

As far as I understand it you should already have silver spawning in new chunks that you spawn. But if you have explored a lot you might need to go far away to find it. This is what you can avoid with the retrogen.

Ok cool! I'll try that tomorrow when I get back from work :D