No Opis in Infinity 2.1.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AdmiralEinstein

Jul 29, 2019
I just saw the changelog for Infinity 2.1.2 and noticed that opis was removed from the pack.
As a server admin I rely on Opis' server profiling tools to help track down problems on the server from time to time.

With Opis removed what is recommended as a general easy to use profiling tool for admins and owners?
I could care less about the map writer part of it, but we need a profiling tool to track down issues slowing the server down.
Any suggestions?

I would also like to make note of my and other admins displeasure in chicken chunks being disabled by default before a replacement was put in to take its place.... the ftb utilities chunkloading is "coming soon".
Enabling optional client mods is always a pain since most people don't know they need to enable it clientside and assume the server is "broken".

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I think the new FtB mods (Ftb Utilities, FtB Tweaks) take over most of those functions, or will shortly.

Reactions: erindalc

VanDerProtofsky

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Watchful11

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012

AdmiralEinstein

Jul 29, 2019
@AdmiralEinstein : I have forked Opis and fixed the issue by removing MapWriter integration, as I too rely on Opis for administration. I have shared it on /r/feedthebeast with more information.

EDIT: I also disagree with the removal of ChickenChunks. Although the chunkloader blocks apparently have issues, I have come to rely heavily upon the "/chunkloaders" command ChickenChunks provide. I hope the FTB Team consider re-adding ChickenChunks for this one feature.

That is awesome!!!
TPS just dropped and I went to check opis... oh yea, then I remembered this thread and came back to look at it.
I'm about to go to bed right now so I'll install map-less opis tomorrow on the server and my client.

Reactions: VanDerProtofsky

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that we are adding similar functionality to FTB Utilities. An admin focused overview of all claimed and chunkloaded chunks on the server.

As someone who has both played as a player and an admin, there absolutely needs to be a player focused view so players can view and manage their own tickets.

I would also like to query how complete the implementation is going to be
* Will it default to personal anchor style loading?
* Will it integrate with (e.g.) MyTown / ForgeEssentials group management so a shared base will implicitly have personal anchor style chunkloading but for multiple players? Also to ensure that - at least- world anchor style offline chunkloading can be paid for using server currency?
* Will it intercept chunk loading requests from other mods (say, for example Witchery and its poppet table - and buildcrafts quarry) to ensure that they follow the above policies and features?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
As someone who has both played as a player and an admin, there absolutely needs to be a player focused view so players can view and manage their own tickets.

There is a player focused view, that's what's already in there. It's not very efficient for admins trying to track down bases in other dimensions or far across the map.

I don't have any progress update. We don't generally give out ETA's.