No one will help. Anyone?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xOceanSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I have hunted and hunted, but all people say is what it is, not how to use it.

I'm playing on infinity with a friend and I have an access terminal, before you go jumping to conclusions (im a little angry atm) I know how to use it. I have a wireless terminal, a receiver and a security station. However, my friend cannot access the terminal at all.

I've used a biometric card, give it to him and he shift clicked and now it has his name at the end of it, so its bound to him, I put it inside the station and give him all permissions. But he still cannot access it, I have hunted video after video, forum thread after forum thread, surely, can someone help?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Are you the only two on the server? If so, stick in a blank card instead, and everyone should have full permissions.

xOceanSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Does the security terminal have a channel availble?
Yeah, Its on an independent channel connected directly to the controller

Are you the only two on the server? If so, stick in a blank card instead, and everyone should have full permissions.
Yeah we're the only 2 on. I'll give that a shot.

Also, what pack is this on? If it is Infinity you might also need to make sure he has access to your base/claim.
Infinity 2.3.5. We're quite far in the game and decided we finally have the resources and need for an ME system so..since he own's half the base, I think he has permission :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Are you on each other's friend list? There could be a weird interaction going on with chunk protection that the friend list could negate.

(I don't know, just an idea to try)

xOceanSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Are you on each other's friend list? There could be a weird interaction going on with chunk protection that the friend list could negate.

(I don't know, just an idea to try)

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the help guys. I'll let you know if I still can't get it fixed

xOceanSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
@all I tried everything, nothing worked, however...I fixed it. For others having this problem this is what I done

>Gave my friend a blank biometric card
>He shift clicked it to bound it to him
>I put it in the security Terminal and gave him all permissions
>I put it in the top slots of the terminal
>Profit

Turns out all along, it was because I wasn't putting it where it needed to be. Thanks for your help anyway guys, happy feeding :)