No mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

km35

Jul 29, 2019
The forced update didn't work, and for some reason I can't open that .zip file (using 7-zip). Also tried putting the .zip in both the mods folder and the Minecraft folder, and it still didn't work

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I posted a direct link for the file the launcher downloads.

Anyway, im guessing it's probably creeperhost having a hard time again, they get incredibly much trafic when updates are released and some unstability can't be helped.
If so it should be fine again in half an hour or so. Im using 7zip too and can open the file just fine so im guessing it's just a case of high load causing corrupted files.

If not then my second best bet is that some anti virus / firewall have flagged the file and keeps interfering even though it's told not to.

Edit: kinda wierd that the file is corrupted for both of you while i could download it just fine a minute ago. Time to find something you two have in comon i guess.

Jonsey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem, I think the problem is the download cuts out before its finished leaving us with a corrupt file, with either the "force update?" in the launcher or the link on this page the download stops well before the 30mb (in this case the download just stopped at 17.18 mb)

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
When I updated it screwed up my game folder.

TRY THIS:

1. Check options and make sure game folder is still set correctly.

if that doesn't fix it:

2. Delete your FRBBETAA folder and run the launcher again.
(It'll also delete any single player test worlds you have)

Note: This doesn't let me back on the server since that is still hosed, but at least the client loads properly.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a feeling that this might be related to connection speed. Have seen posts saying that creeperhost drop people with slow connection for some reason.
Might be that everyone gets a given amount of time for the download, and if the connection isn't done by then it gets dropped to in the belief that it failed or something.
So what's your connection speeds? Maybe it reflects how much each of you got to download before it stops.

Anyway, im asuming this is just a temporary issue, so i'll probably be working again soon.

MinePlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem. The launcher had just been updated, I played for a while (with all the mods still there) and stopped playing for a few minutes. When I opened the launcher again it said it had a new modpack to download, even though the last update had been just moments before. I downloaded the new modpack and all the mods were gone. All the folders related to mods are empty. I deleted everything, downloaded the client from the FTB site and started from the beginning, it didn't help. I'm running on Windows 7 64 bits, but I don't think that information will help much, it seems that FTB forgot to put the mods in the download they made available

Status
Not open for further replies.