Open No hostile mob spawns

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem No hostile mob spawns

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? I cannot seem to get any mobs to spawn without using commands. difficulty is set to normal. First noticed in survival and replicated in creative. Spawn eggs can spawn mobs but natural vanilla spawning doesn't seem to occur. restarting the instance didn't seem to help

Mod & Version Not sure

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Seems so on my instance.

Known Fix nothing for survival so far but commands and spawn eggs are working

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
You're trying to spawn mobs on top of where you initially spawned? On top of your spawnpoint?

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
no, i have built a 31x31 platform centered on my spawn point. my mob spawner is on the outer edge of that so maybe 15 or so blocks from my spawnpoint.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird, I haven't encountered this issue except when the player is on top of where their spawn point is.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly? Reinstall the pack. I have no clue what's causing it. As long as you're not in peaceful, at least 24 blocks away from where mobs could spawn, and not on top of the spawnpoint you should be getting hostile spawns.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooooo......I did so testing and moving the world spawn out of render distance seems to fix it. may be an issue if i die and have no bed but my game seems to be working now.

Flashed

Jul 29, 2019
Did you modify (add/update mods) the pack?
If so, do you know which mods you added?
Had the same problem, setting the worldspawn far far away also fixed it but I added and updated some mods, so I cannot really report that issue here...