No gui startup command

spudy12

Jul 29, 2019
Right, so I just added nogui to my java server startup.. CPU ussage in task manager was usually 65 - 70% even when no one was on, now even when people are on it tops out at 30%?! that is madness! not complaining mind you,

any reason this makes such a difference?

Reactions: DZCreeper

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
And now people might learn why I have been so heavily suggesting my modified startup script on Reddit and on these forums. Basically there is no gui with graphics and information that needs to be updated in real time, instead it justs spits the console output into a simple command prompt or terminal depending on if your running a Unix system.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I only ever leave the gui up when I want to watch the vec. Otherwise I use several VMAs to watch what's going on.

spudy12

Jul 29, 2019
Can you link me to your startup script? would be interested in seeing what else you have in yours.

I just can't understand why the simple gui makes a 50% increase in ram?! mental

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Its just "java -server -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar ftbserver.jar nogui"

Everything inside the brackets is what I use, just replace the 1's with how many gigs of memory your server should use, and make sure to give your OS at least 1 gig.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
personalty I specify which java I use in my startup script as found out for some reason my machine loves to go back to jre 6.

Code:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java -server -Xmx8G -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui