NM this thread, mojang servers are having trouble!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

I logged to the forum expecting a lot of people (specially since I checked the minecraftforums too) asking about it, and a lot of annoyed vets answering the same old response.... but somehow the situation right now seems different and it worries me even more lol.

Since this morning the minecraft login/session/etc servers have been down for me. I expected to see posts about "Why cant i log into MC??????" but i cant manage to find any, even in the official forums (where the age average is much lower so its to be expected), so it makes me think perhaps its just me?

Could someone please check help.mojang.com and post if they are online/offline for you?
This is how it looks to me right now, but they keep alternating between online/offline every couple minutes:
down.png

Again, Im sorry if I'm "that guy" this time, but being from south america it wouldn't surprise me if its was somehow my ISPs blocking URLs for some dumb reason.

Thanks in advance!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft.net

This service is down! We are doing our very best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
  • Mojang accounts website

This service is down! We are doing our very best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
  • Authentication service

This service is healthy. All is good!
  • Minecraft skins

• Minecraft logins (legacy)

• Mojang accounts login (legacy)

• Minecraft sessions (legacy)

It's not just you.

Reactions: Juanitierno

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked that's what it looked like for me.

You are aware that the purpose of that site is to universally show if the servers are online/offline right? If it says the servers are down, they are down.

Reactions: Juanitierno

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Peggle/Steve/mk16 thanks!

Steve: I know that is the purpose of that site, but that also depends on its implementation.
The common sense implementation would be that they internally check for server status (which is harder than it seems) and report it on a webpage.
Another implementation would be for them to tell you if YOU can REACH those servers (by making your browser attempt a connection), which would be more accurate in cases where you own firewall/ISP are blocking you.

Again, I've always assumed it was the first, but the lack of ANY post about it both here and on the minecraft forums was quite strange!

Sorry for being "that guy"!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
After some quick discussion, you may be able to still play 1.6.2 and onwards, but not 1.5.2.

Cart chest ultimate is one of the few modpacks available for 1.6.2. Shneekycraft is also available I believe.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ALL BUT THE LOG-IN WHERE UP BUT, NOW MINECRAFT.NET IS DOWN.

Revamp1984

Jul 29, 2019
Ive got a question...

I see that mojang is back up, but for some reason my FTB Launcher wont let me log in to the account. it just refers me bac kto mojang.help.com (something like it)
Am I missing something here? Why is this happening? Anyone know?

Hollander89

Jul 29, 2019
All services of MC were up, but FTB launcher didnt allowed me to login...
In normall MC you can login without any problems... Some1 know's the problem for the FTB part?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Ive got a question...

I see that mojang is back up, but for some reason my FTB Launcher wont let me log in to the account. it just refers me bac kto mojang.help.com (something like it)
Am I missing something here? Why is this happening? Anyone know?
Minecraft logins (legacy)

1.5.2 logins use the legacy system, which is for 1.5.2 and before. So you won't be able to connect for a bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1379801654][/DOUBLEPOST]
All services of MC were up, but FTB launcher didnt allowed me to login...
In normall MC you can login without any problems... Some1 know's the problem for the FTB part?

FTB itself may be down, but I'm not sure if that'll effect it.

http://status.feed-the-beast.com/

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
just the 1.5.2 log-ins to go come on Tobias and who ever else is helping him you can do it!

post this and mc.net goes down...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
legacy servers are 1.5.2 logins and down so there the last thing on mojangs mind probably.

Ooooohhhh....

Mojang would be shooting themselves in the foot if they stopped supporting older releases, but there is no guarantee they will support them forever.