Nitro Coalfuel Production

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blagballs

Jul 29, 2019
While I am setting up my coalfuel refinement, I was wondering what the forums think are good methods to effectively automate the gregtech chemical reactor. I considered something with rp2, but Ill admit that I haven't dabbled with any of its piping/sorting possibilities, or gates, or even try the gregtech transposer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ill post pictures if anyone is interested in the build.

Blagballs

Jul 29, 2019
Been using it and it works great for automation, just had to use a few level emitters to get the ratio of N, H20, C, and Coalfuel in check! My iron barrel is weeping empty in its corner though....

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Glyceryl gives the same bonus to both diesel and coal cells, so it doesn't matter which one you use, although the higher initial burn value for diesel means you will use a lot less glyceryl overall for the same end EU.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I use coal, really. To power my furnaces for my ores. Which are doubled by my grindstone. Because you know, no mod is overpowered unless compared to something that's harder. And I don't feel like going through 80 steps just to be able to do a simple task. Which is why I play with MFR and Buildcraft even though they let me do certain things earlier. Because that's not overpowered, it's fun.

Blagballs

Jul 29, 2019
Glyceryl gives the same bonus to both diesel and coal cells, so it doesn't matter which one you use, although the higher initial burn value for diesel means you will use a lot less glyceryl overall for the same end EU.

In the ultimate pack I'm using the difference between coal fuel and nitro coal fuel is 32k eu (16k -> 48k), while making nitro diesel only gives you 16K extra eu (384k ->400k), so I opted for coal fuel for its increased yields compared to coal coke (16k eu), its favorable glyceryl ratio compared to diesel, and because I like the idea of a step by step refinement process.

While were in a thread about the only true fuel, where do you guys get your nitrogen?
Personally, Ive been cheating using the tome of alkahest to turn redstone into soulsand, which I centrifuge to get KNO3, then I electrolyze it to get nitrogen, and pump the K into a tank, where it can sit in shame for being relatively useless.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Diesel input: 4x 384k EU potential = 1536
Diesel output: 5x 400k EU potential = 2000 (12 seconds processing time)
464k EU profit minus 8k processing = 456k

Coalfuel input: 4x 16k EU potential: 64
Coalfuel output: 5x 48k EU potential: 240
176k EU profit minus 8k processing = 168k

Per individual can of Glyceryl, Diesel is better, and by 2.7 times as much. Glyceryl is the rare / hard to produce item, not the fuel. If I hadn't been processing ender pearls for berylium, I wouldn't have bothered.[DOUBLEPOST=1367282182][/DOUBLEPOST]
While were in a thread about the only true fuel, where do you guys get your nitrogen?
Personally, Ive been cheating using the tome of alkahest to turn redstone into soulsand, which I centrifuge to get KNO3, then I electrolyze it to get nitrogen, and pump the K into a tank, where it can sit in shame for being relatively useless.

As I posted above, Ender Eyes.

Also the potassium isn't useless, along with sodium it makes cheap(er) cooling cells, which means cheap(er) overclockers.

Blagballs

Jul 29, 2019
Diesel input: 4x 384k EU potential = 1536
Diesel output: 5x 400k EU potential = 2000 (12 seconds processing time)
464k EU profit minus 8k processing = 456k

Coalfuel input: 4x 16k EU potential: 64
Coalfuel output: 5x 48k EU potential: 240
176k EU profit minus 8k processing = 168k

Per individual can of Glyceryl, Diesel is better, and by 2.7 times as much. Glyceryl is the rare / hard to produce item, not the fuel. If I hadn't been processing ender pearls for berylium, I wouldn't have bothered.[DOUBLEPOST=1367282182][/DOUBLEPOST]

As I posted above, Ender Eyes.

Also the potassium isn't useless, along with sodium it makes cheap(er) cooling cells, which means cheap(er) overclockers.
I totally spaced on the 5 output for 4 input, so I stand corrected there =D, and I wish i had the enderpearls to spare, but at this stage of the game, I can never float more than 3!

GentleBear

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there. Did you ever come up with a good automation scheme of the chemical reactor? I have tried both AE and GT advanced translocators but to no avail. I got it working with adv. translocators in a test world once, but when I tried it again, first in my normal world and then in a test world, it didn't work any more. Apparently all I try either only put items in the top left slot or the bottom slot, not in the top right - other than that one time where it worked - beats me how that happened...

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there. Did you ever come up with a good automation scheme of the chemical reactor? I have tried both AE and GT advanced translocators but to no avail.

AE works for me.

Left input is top, right input is bottom. Sides are output. This is consistent in all GT machines.

Reactions: GentleBear

Blagballs

Jul 29, 2019
My setup just used exporters and importers, with some level detectors on the exporters to make sure the limited number of cells I had didn't get all used up making water or carbon or nitrogen. Id make a screenshot, but I had a friend go a little off the wall with nukes recently...

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I missed the 5x output with the 4x input as well, so fuel is definitely the better choice since you basically get a "free" fuel cell in the process.