Windows .jar New server, and extereme lag. Help?

ERRUK

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

I had a server up with the new direwolf pack, everything was fine, no lag for the longest time. Then all of a sudden one day the lag was bad, we destroyed everything that may cause lag and it was still around. I ended up removing everything from the base (machine wise) and there was still lag. I tried even moving to a new part of the map and logging out and back in (so all the chunks would be unloaded, and they were) and there was still lag. I was being spammed with "severe did the server time change etc" message over and over.

We tried a ton of stuff, even the multithreading people have suggested and nothing seems to help. So we decided to try a new mod pack, and the second the new mod pack was installed, no one had even logged on the server yet and I was being spammed with the "severe did the server time change" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My comp specs are as follows.

12gb ram
i7-3820 3.60GHz
nvidia geforce gtx 670 w/ 2gigs of ram
java 64 bit

I was using the original .bat that came with the game before the lag started, and after, then I changed to this one, and it didnt help.

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx5G -Xms4G -Xmn2G -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=80 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar
pause

After I started the new server I used the .bat that came with it, and it was laggy, then I tried with that same .bat (ofc changed to the new server.jar) and it was still laggy.

Anyone have ideas?

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Re-downlaod the server files and instead of the default Xmx and Xms ram, Throw in 4096M for both and try running it again and tell me how that works out.

ERRUK

Jul 29, 2019
I already downloaded the new server but I will try running it with using 4096 and see.

ERRUK

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as the world finished preparing it said "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

New server dl, new world, using ur 4096 suggestion and no one on the world has even loaded in yet.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, There is not much you can do about that, As far as i am concerned, I have the same issue, And it can be because of the following, Odd RAM Frequencies, Lower end CPU, Or you have too many things running that is using those resources, As well as your internet connection may be not enough to handle, Any or more than one of those issues can effect it, But the only reason you get that message is because you are getting Tick lag.

ERRUK

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the game I host is over lan connection, only 2 people connect over the internet and I have a 60Mbps download 12Mbps upload internet. My cpu is 3.60ghz and the server is that magicfarms modpack just starting out. I just can not figure this out for the life of me.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
See that's the problom, You have perfect specs for hosting 5 - 10 or even more on a server, How bad is the lag exactly? What's is going on in the server?

ERRUK

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs don't move for up to 5 seconds and then move like 10 feet and stop and don't move again for 5 seconds. Items just take forever to pick up, pushing buttons and levers forget about it. And nothing is on the server, we havn't even made a pickaxe yet.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... It really sounds like a network issue, Like it's getting stuck somewhere. I honestly can not for the life of me think of anything else, That sounds like them sot logical reason.