New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Call me crazy, but I don't think Ultimate is getting updated to 1.5. Ultimate was already toeing the line very hard in trying to have something for everyone, but that's not going to be possible to keep up thanks to all the GT changes in 1.5. Offering two modpacks that each offer something from Ultimate is the only way to go from here. Unleashed is pretty much the "If you like cool mods, have a bunch of them!" modpack while Unhinged is the "Ever scream at your monitor over how embarrassingly overpowered wooden planks and stone tools are?" modpack.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Why aren't immibis microblocks in any of the packs? Too similar to RP? Technical issues? permissions?

Would I be able to add it to the unleashed pack without any major problems?[DOUBLEPOST=1374287836][/DOUBLEPOST]
Call me crazy, but I don't think Ultimate is getting updated to 1.5. Ultimate was already toeing the line very hard in trying to have something for everyone, but that's not going to be possible to keep up thanks to all the GT changes in 1.5. Offering two modpacks that each offer something from Ultimate is the only way to go from here. Unleashed is pretty much the "If you like cool mods, have a bunch of them!" modpack while Unhinged is the "Ever scream at your monitor over how embarrassingly overpowered wooden planks and stone tools are?" modpack.

We've known that Ultimate is getting dropped for weeks now, due to the split community with/against GT.

Reactions: jokermatt999

wastrel

Jul 29, 2019
Does an official 1.5.2 release indicate forward compatibility into 1.6.2?

Just trying to manage users expectations with a map reset, especially if another one in a month or two is required.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
To quickly answer a couple of questions. Ultimate is a locked pack and will not be updated as things stand (without redpower it is very difficult to update these packs). With regards to microblocks, we are waiting on a different version. As to worlds updating from the existing packs, the 152ngt pack worlds should work with the unleashed pack but there are some differences. The 152WGT pack will no be update beyond what it is now.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies, the way you worded your post implied that you did not know so for certain. That might have been sarcasm, which is kinda hard to detect on the internet sometimes. Sorry! :x

Someone should invent a sarcasm smiley to avoid these situations. :p

Templar Thano

Jul 29, 2019
quick question, are all of the configs the same from Cross Pack standpoint? say I wanted to insert gregtech and/or Dim Doors into the unleashed/DW20 pack and just dragged the config files over will it work?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
To quickly answer a couple of questions. Ultimate is a locked pack and will not be updated as things stand (without redpower it is very difficult to update these packs). With regards to microblocks, we are waiting on a different version. As to worlds updating from the existing packs, the 152ngt pack worlds should work with the unleashed pack but there are some differences. The 152WGT pack will no be update beyond what it is now.
That means we are missing a modpack with GT I thought dw20 would have no gt and unleashed would have it.

Ps. I know we have this new gt pack but I'm told it's rather small

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
No Gravisuite or Nuclear Control in Dire's pack. I'm sad :( I really love the GraviSuite mod.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason why Dimensional Doors isn't in Unleashed? Was it just a special request by Greg? Was it over the fact that it can start eating terrain if unchecked (at least last I messed with it)? I'd like to try it more, but if it's incompatible I don't want to mess anything up.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

mrhoezey

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, would this mean the ultimate will have Greg and not Tinkers? Or the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.