New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
This is exciting news! I really like the lineup for the Unleashed pack. I'm glad you're offering players a choice in modpacks that cater to their playstyles. :)

Plus, calling the packs Unleashed and Unhinged avoids the irritating backhand of calling non-GT "easymode". :p

Question about "FTB Unhinged" pack, is the pack made to give players a challenge or just make everything take longer/ more grind-y?
Asking because it mentions Gregtech which really only makes things take longer, but overall facilitates many things in general, just takes more time to make them.

The stated aim of the pack is to offer a challenge. Whether it actually does or not is subjective. :p

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
As of the way Minecraft currently is, there is no way to make anything "harder" or "more challenging" since, believe it or not, there's no skill involved in MC. Not at all. Everytime someone says "harder" they mean, as you said, more "grind-y"
Ever played Terrafirmacraft?
Plus, if there's no skill involved, then why have different difficulties, why have an adventure mode at all?

Adding more, more aggressive mobs or changing current ones, changing how the player's weapons and armors work (or which they can get.) making environmental hazards, amongst other things can make the game more challenging, you're only thinking about the crafting side of the game, yes THAT does not require skill whatsoever, thus why I say what I say about gregtech, because that's a crafting-oriented mod.

ctate

Jul 29, 2019
No ObsidiPlates in the 'Unhinged' pack? That's kind of surprising. It's a nice, narrowly-targeted convenience but not one that I would have expected to trip your "omg don't make things too easy" criteria for Unhinged. :)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Ka0tiq

Jul 29, 2019
Cannot wait for the DW Pack. Definitely going to be putting that on my server until the 1.6 pack.

ctate

Jul 29, 2019
Also, no ExtremeBiomesXL in either modpack? Hunh.

Is there some recent history around EBXL that I'm just unaware of? It used to be quite the thing, and I know the author as been extremely responsive on issues like making sure that EBXL wouldn't DOS IC2's rubber tree allocation, etc.

AlienKnitter

Jul 29, 2019
Based on conversations I have overheard during streams and things Mojang had said that I do not have the knowledge to apply to mods, will any of these be able to be converted to 1.6? My playgroup really wants to play, and Unleashed looks awesome, but we are sick of world resets (we had some issues with our server computer dying on us twice and taking the hard drive both times). I understand if that's not an option, but I'd like to hear it straight instead of working off hearsay I might be misinterpreting.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I'd compare Unleashed to Mindcrack without Gregtech honestly.

Whoever made the Unleashed pack had a great sense of mod balance IMO (N. Ores and Reliquary).

So what's the main pack now? (Unleashed / Ultimate / Unhinged (i doubt unhinged, it's a tad too tedious))

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Is there some recent history around EBXL that I'm just unaware of? It used to be quite the thing, and I know the author as been extremely responsive on issues like making sure that EBXL wouldn't DOS IC2's rubber tree allocation, etc.
Might have something to do with that it's going to be merged with underground bioms and another mod that I don't recall. It would make incorporating it with other mods that add world gen extremely problematic. Though I could be wrong. All 3rd hand information.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

Wow, didn't notice until you pointed it out. No ExtraBiomes and BoP is disabled. I wonder why? At least Natura is enabled, so we won't be stuck with completely vanilla worldgen.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Onwards and upwards, folks!

Regarding EBXL, Biomes o' Plenty is the new awesome biome mod of choice in 1.5.X and beyond. EBXL has unfortunately stagnated.

Agreed. It's a shame that BoP is disabled by default. The default modpack tends to set the standard for SMP. :/

Gamingclone

Jul 29, 2019
Its a shame Red Power 2 cant be in any of the mod packs since it hasnt been updated. Looks like Im going have to revert to vanilla redstone or learn my way around Minefactory Reloaded's way of doing redstone.

I may be wrong about this but I think XBXL hasnt been updated to 1.5.x yet. But no worries Biomes O' Plenty is in there so we are still going have alot of nice biomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.