New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest reason I believe they release these packs for those begging for a 1.5.2 version to "tide them over" till 1.6.2. Elo did this with RP2 and 1.3 I believe, where she waited till 1.4 to release RP because of the changing in coding of minecraft. Soaryn has also said on multiple occasions that he wasn't going to release XyCraft for 1.5.x but re-wrote the whole mod for 1.6.x. FTB team had/has a large community and pleasing all of us is very hard. So FTB Team releasing these 3 packs between 1.4.7 and 1.6.2 for those of us who WANT to go ahead and play with the mods AND some new mechanics from 1.5.2 can. OR you could you know wait a little longer with the version you have now till the 1.6.x versions come out. Don't get upset for updating when if your a server owner you update when you didn't have to. I know a couple of servers they aren't being played a lot due to the fact that they are waiting for 1.6.x first. So in other words chill... don't fuss at the the team who supplied us with what we wanted but then said the maps are not compatible. It's like biting the hand feeding you.

I agree and that is the point I wanted to make that really its up to the individual what they want to do or what they feel is best for there servers community as a whole. Me as i said before in my opinion its better to wait for me and my server community.

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I don't see a problem, all of you get a modpack which you should be happy about. GregTech fans get their own pack (with mods approved by GregT) and the other ones get their Unleashed pack with lots of stuff to check out. I will definitely play both of them!

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
All these new mods (in comparison to 147 modpacks) look cool but it would seem the thing nowadays is to not explain your mods in any context. Nei is like a dictonary. It provides 0 context. Are there any plans for explainations or do they need help with that?

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
@Bubbleo and Terrence I can't believe how condescending and rude you two are. SO all the hours i have enjoyed with my family playing the various 1.5.2 packs (ngt, Magic farm, Wyld's pack and others) did not happen because we are "whiny kids'? Enjoying all the new features from these mods is, what, ATTACKING you in some way?

FTB and crew go through a LOT of work putting together packs, and not all of us who appreciated and enjoyed their efforts and those of the associated mod makers are impatient/whiny, especially as they left the 1.47 packs up for you, "mature" (yea right) gamers.

Several mod authors, including those mods in 1.47 have said their mods are not really backward compatible, so FTB cannot force or remod those mods because we are "whiny kids". From my understanding some of the 1.6 changes will break worlds, regardless of what FTB does.

IF you are so much better and "more mature" than those of us who ARE ENJOYING and appreciative of the mod authors and pack makers why don't you make your own mods and mod packs? Then you can play exactly what you want without worrying about how much fun us "whiny kids" are having with our wives and children.

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
All these new mods (in comparison to 147 modpacks) look cool but it would seem the thing nowadays is to not explain your mods in any context. Nei is like a dictonary. It provides 0 context. Are there any plans for explainations or do they need help with that?
That's what wiki's are for.
Vanilla Minecraft has no in-game explanations, we all had to go to the wiki or watch tutorials on how to craft anything.

Reactions: shard746

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
That's what wiki's are for.
Vanilla Minecraft has no in-game explanations, we all had to go to the wiki or watch tutorials on how to craft anything.
That was not my point. I know nei isn't supposed to explain stuff. There is no wiki for any of the additions to the 152 from the 147 packs. I don't know what anything does.[DOUBLEPOST=1374414301][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess I would like to help do wikis if I got plugged in with someone who knew what stuff did. Natura? I got no idea. Biomes? No idea. Tinkers? No idea.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else getting weird, random water puddles after it rains in Unleashed? They seem to break instantly by hand.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else getting weird, random water puddles after it rains in Unleashed? They seem to break instantly by hand.
ATM after an hour I notice so far is frame rates really good better than 152, but world holes way to common.

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
That was not my point. I know nei isn't supposed to explain stuff. There is no wiki for any of the additions to the 152 from the 147 packs. I don't know what anything does.[DOUBLEPOST=1374414301][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess I would like to help do wikis if I got plugged in with someone who knew what stuff did. Natura? I got no idea. Biomes? No idea. Tinkers? No idea.

Each mod should have there own mod spotlight on youtube I found it useful to check those out or actually google the mod itself to see what it does as a lot of mods have there own dedicated wikis and sites such as redpower, thaumcraft etc etc

Some useful links

Biomes O Plenty http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1495041-162-forge-biomes-o-plenty-v058-256-terrain-height/

Tinkers Construct http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1659892-15xtinkers-construct/

These are just a few but just do some digging some googling and you will find everything you need

Hope this helps :)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I was just wondering what was causing them since it didn't happen before. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or not.

hhhjort

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, I got them. I had recalled some time ago hearing that it was supposed to be a vanilla mechanic for rain to fill up small holes/depressions, but never saw i actually happen. So when I saw this , I though it was finally working and the enderman were trying to steal all my dirt. So I go to one in an area I frequently cross, and decide it is too annoying to leave a hole here for me to fall into. I try filling the hole and my dirt block ends up on top. WTF? I stand on another "hole" and find it has no depth. I punch it and get dirt. A fun little round of discovery. :)

On a side note, anyone know if BoP berries regrow, or if the bushes remain forever barren after you pick them?

Terrence

Jul 29, 2019
@Bubbleo and Terrence I can't believe how condescending and rude you two are. SO all the hours i have enjoyed with my family playing the various 1.5.2 packs (ngt, Magic farm, Wyld's pack and others) did not happen because we are "whiny kids'? Enjoying all the new features from these mods is, what, ATTACKING you in some way?

FTB and crew go through a LOT of work putting together packs, and not all of us who appreciated and enjoyed their efforts and those of the associated mod makers are impatient/whiny, especially as they left the 1.47 packs up for you, "mature" (yea right) gamers.

Several mod authors, including those mods in 1.47 have said their mods are not really backward compatible, so FTB cannot force or remod those mods because we are "whiny kids". From my understanding some of the 1.6 changes will break worlds, regardless of what FTB does.

IF you are so much better and "more mature" than those of us who ARE ENJOYING and appreciative of the mod authors and pack makers why don't you make your own mods and mod packs? Then you can play exactly what you want without worrying about how much fun us "whiny kids" are having with our wives and children.

You Obviously never owned a server. I have to listen to the crying everyday first hand about how "it's taking too long" and "when are they coming out?", like I know. It's my assumption the FTB crew would be sick of it too, as well as mod developers and anyone else that involved in the community.

Wasn't trying to offend but I guarantee at least 60% of the influence of the 1.5.2 FTB packs was due to the flood of comments that every FTB forum has been receiving since Minecraft 1.5 released. Now that 1.6 is out many comments are getting hostile and angry like developers have no lives or something, and everything is suppose to update instantly. You may be looking at it from one perspective which I don't disagree with, but come step over here and see it from mine.

Either way I have no problem with the new packs. I'm checking them out myself, and it will cool down the hostility I see on a daily basis, even if it is just a little bit. That's just my opinion.

RSM151

Jul 29, 2019
he may have installed Mo Creatures or something like that (I didn't see it but he definitely wasn't using 1.6)

No he was using 1.6, this direwolf20 pack is centered around his SMP series, and according to the most recent news in the launcher the current one will not be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.