• No

Votes: 546 88.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Design aside, there's really only two bits of functionality that I would like to see changed.

First, I think that the "Maps" and "Texturepacks" screens should be placed inside the screen for the appropriate modpacks. It seems silly to me that you should even be able to see the existing FTB maps when any modpack is selected, and only later realize that the launcher will only install them to the Retro pack.

Second, I found the existing login system is counterintuitive.
As I explained on the post for my launcher layout submission...

The magenta Login box at the bottom right should be pretty self-explanatory, even though I forgot to add in the Login button. Best put that right under the Remember checkbox.
Whenever you login with the Remember checkbox checked, your username will be shown in the dropdown menu, and clicking on your name in that menu will automatically paste your username and password into the appropriate boxes. If possible, the most recent person to sign in would appear at the top of the list.

Hmm... There should probably be a way to remove a name from the list. Perhaps clicking on one of the names will automatically check the box, and if a player logs in with the box unchecked, their name will automatically be removed from the list?
In short, I don't like the whole "Create Profile" thing... I think that when you manage to log in successfully using the same "Username" and "Password" boxes as the vanilla launcher, your name gets added to the list.

Third, (and this is a lower priority for me than the above), I find the Filter Settings thing to be somewhat counterintuitive. Why not just have a search bar (as Tsun hinted at with his brightly-colored placeholders) and make the existing Filter: FTB/1.4.7/Public display clickable?

chibill

Jan 28, 2013
Also for some windows users the old launcher casuses exception_accsses_violation to Happen on any pack.

Croaganey

Mar 8, 2013
I'd love to see the error screens cleaned up on my way to play offline. Currently it requires hitting Launch, OK on two error screens then Offline. Whew! o_O

I'd also appreciate an option to remember my filter settings.

Reactions: Noghristealth

Noghristealth

Jul 29, 2019
it would be cool if there was a way to view all the items each mod provided... and a way to search items and find which mod they are from so that when you are turning off mods you know what you will be missing.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
it would be cool if there was a way to view all the items each mod provided... and a way to search items and find which mod they are from so that when you are turning off mods you know what you will be missing.
While awesome, that would require a HUGE database for all the items, and honestly if you disable a mod you probably know what is in it or don't care.

Zeroskillz4

Jul 29, 2019
All it really needs is a simple design. Take other 'professional' program's for example; easy to use interface, many options for sounds settings, video settings etc, just nothing too advanced.

wonderprince302

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a custom modpack creator/editor with a tree for the UI, and you just drag apples or nuts or something onto the tree to add a mod and drag off to remove, and plant a sapling to create a new modpack. It could also check to see if all of the mods are compatible once you click "Save This ModPack".[DOUBLEPOST=1363703043][/DOUBLEPOST]
I want to have a modpack is including
1. Twilight Forest
2. Pam's Mod
3. BiblioCraft
4. CJB QuickCraft
5. DrZharks MoCreatures
6. ReiMinimap
7. StatusEffectHUD
Just put it together in MultiMC then. Get off your lazy bum and stop asking for someone else to build a modpack.

Reactions: Chocorate

OldDogy

Jul 29, 2019
there is no need for MC actually... you can just edit what ever pack from the launcher that you aren't using ...or from what i get some people still have the old ultimate beta pack i think so you could may be edit even that one. Other than that just instal any pack that you aren't using Edit it and play what you want ;)

Booth

Jul 29, 2019
PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE
Make it easier to allocate more ram than the standard gig, also if there could be a way to select which JAVA your running (64/32) or even if selecting more ram than 1 gb caused it to run 64bit as long as that setting remains above 1 gb.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE
Make it easier to allocate more ram than the standard gig, also if there could be a way to select which JAVA your running (64/32) or even if selecting more ram than 1 gb caused it to run 64bit as long as that setting remains above 1 gb.
You can allocate more RAM if you're using 64 bit Java.

Ovoce

Jul 29, 2019
I don't if it will be ven possible to make it look like this, but i couldn't resist creating it, so here you go:
VjFBEEs,lghhICx,xdTbL6N

http://imgur.com/VjFBEEs,lghhICx,xdTbL6N#1
VjFBEEs,lghhICx,xdTbL6N

http://imgur.com/VjFBEEs,lghhICx,xdTbL6N#2
VjFBEEs,lghhICx,xdTbL6N

http://imgur.com/VjFBEEs,lghhICx,xdTbL6N#0

Tell me what you think, I may add some later (like the store or settings).

EDIT
Okay, so after great responses (thank you alot :) ), I decided to go and do the options screen too. Of cousre I don't know what changes are going to be implemented, so I just redone the current FTB options to fit my UI:

http://imgur.com/qHSAQEK

Oh, and you can see the notification (little number) above the news icon...

Reactions: teenspirit7

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about the "login to enter" screen, I like just being able to open the launcher and hit launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.