new curse launcher sucks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

ac2freak239

this is a petition to get rid of the new curse launcher and go back to the old much better one

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Never happen. If you read the thread in the news section you'll know it's several factors that won't allow that change. Sorry to disappoint, I wish the same thing but have resigned myself to curse.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, it won't happen.
Unless Curse don't like something, or they saw a MASSIVE (10%+ as a minimum, I'd assume) drop in users after an update, they are unlikely to roll back a version, or make a major change.

Reactions: Hambeau

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Now, if the FTB launcher had been an OSS project from the get go, Curse wouldn't have been able to force us into this mess as it would have been easy to make a "Classic" launcher fork.

Reactions: RedBoss

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You can still download the original FTB launcher, which I will use until it no longer works.
It's much better at being an MC modpack launcher than the Curse Client was when it began (or the Curse Launcher - before the Curse Client).

I honestly don't see the need for all the crap that is in the Curse Client, such as the VOIP/Skype integration. There's no need for it IMO. I like the fact you can create your mod pack in it, but that's about it. Using the vanilla MC launcher (which is crap BTW, it never remembers my login details) is a stupid idea too... So, it's any other MC launcher or MultiMC. Curse Client looks nice, but is crap for MC. Every other "decent" launcher (apart from the technic launcher, from what I've seen) is very lacklustre it its appearance, but perfect for it's job (launching a mod pack)