New Big Reactors simulator

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Thats actually significantly better! Nice!

Just noticed that saving a reactor doesnt not save the fuel rod settings and active/passive state, intended?

pennywis3

Jul 29, 2019
[...]
IE, the reactor in this screenshot says its generating 40 131MB/t. M stands for mega or *10^3. Wich means this reactor is generating 40 131 000 000mB/t. Wich it ofcourse isnt, its generating 40 131 mB/t.
[...]
M stands for 10^6, so it would actually be 40 131 000 000 000mB/t. 10^3 is kilo, or k.
Your point still stands though.

Reactions: Skyqula

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
when Im using that i can only save things like 3x3x6 so only if the reactor is a _______
I I
I I
------------
you get what i mean but the height is just wayne
if im clicking on the save button nothing happens :(

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
when Im using that i can only save things like 3x3x6 so only if the reactor is a _______
I I
I I
------------
you get what i mean but the height is just wayne
if im clicking on the save button nothing happens :(
You mean that if you try to save a 1x1x1 reactor, nothing happens?

Works for me (H4sIAAAAAAAAAGNgYGBkQMJuALR92vYRAAAA is the code for a 1x1x1 reactor with just a fuel rod)

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Srry But i think i said it wrong i can click the save Button always But it gives me only the window with the Code if its length and width
Is the Same otherwise i can click like crazy and nothing happens

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Srry But i think i said it wrong i can click the save Button always But it gives me only the window with the Code if its length and width
Is the Same otherwise i can click like crazy and nothing happens
Fixed now, you'll want to download it again. Thanks for telling me about that.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Very... VERY Awesome.
i know how much Power i need, and with this i can Actually plan it.
but, does it also tell the Required Resources? (amount of Reactor Components and Raw Resources)
and what about Turbine support? that you can give it the size and Coil Material for a Turbine, and it calculates what Reactor (+settings) you need! :D

this Idea is sooo Expandable!

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
just ran this and everything is way way off compared to the same mobel active in infinity
fuel usage is about .14mb off of what my reactor does use
casting and fuel heat is about 800c off
output is about 100 higher then what im getting.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It's close-ish. I had mine set to Tekkit Legends mods, and the values are a bit off in the final run, but I'm satisfied--even with having to replace some missing platinum with diamond instead.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
well now i cant even check it just keeps crashing before i set everything up to mirror what i have.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I know I'm doing a severe neco here. But is there an updated simulator for Extreme Reactors anywhere? The one linked to in the original post doesn't exist anymore and the old web based linked is a little limited.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I know I'm doing a severe neco here. But is there an updated simulator for Extreme Reactors anywhere? The one linked to in the original post doesn't exist anymore and the old web based linked is a little limited.
Necro or no, its a fair question and one I'd like to see answered too. I wish I knew enough about this to do it myself, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Now that the rather exotic fluids from EnderIO are viable coolants, it would be interesting to know what effects they would have on the RF/t of a passively cooled reactor.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
I've started working on a web based simulator for extreme reactors, but can't say when I think it'll be ready for release. I have to do some testing as well to see if mechanics have changed from Big Reactors.

Edit: I plan on including a graph for rf output/fuel usage vs control rod percentage, and if there are any specific features you would want included send me a pm.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly just the new liquids and blocks you can use inside of the rector. Also, would be nice to switch between active and passive cooled modes.

All planned features : D. I recall someone making a spreadsheet with the valid blocks a while ago, but for the life of me I haven't been able to dig it up. I heard some new enderio fluids got added though, so I might just figure it out myself.

Actually, I'm debating swapping to a java project right now. What would everyone prefer, a web based one or a java one. I'm worried the js might run a bit slow for the simulation.

Last edited: