New Beginning

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey , just went to a Mystcraft world and my game crashed , can't seem to open my world anymore , no backups .
I think it is time to start a new world as I wasn't satisfied with my last one.

Where do you recommend me to live? Maybe someone has a cool seed ?

What things should i focus on at the beginning ? I really wasn't efficient at my last world

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The ExtraBiomesXL swamp is a pretty decent place to start off, if you cut down all the trees that's a ton of starters wood, and leaves you with some pretty flat land.
Probably best to start with Thermal Expansion and then move onto IC2 machines when you've got a steady power source coming in (steves carts tree farm + generators are my earlygame method)

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
The funny thing is that my previous base was in a Meadows Biome , but i want a change ...
The Wood farm is a clever idea , but for IC2 , i have GregTech Hard mode installed because i like the challenge

Thanks for your response

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Start in a red cobble biome.

Your new goal is to build the hanging gardens. Your new building style requires either sandstone or marble. You will build your empire with the energy of the deceased, all pipes and wires have to be hidden and the top of the pyramid needs a beacon block to be complete. You are allowed to cheat in a portal gun.

Good luck in your endeavor.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Start in a red cobble biome.

Your new goal is to build the hanging gardens. Your new building style requires either sandstone or marble. You will build your empire with the energy of the deceased, all pipes and wires have to be hidden and the top of the pyramid needs a beacon block to be complete. You are allowed to cheat in a portal gun.

Good luck in your endeavor.

-_- challenge accepted

Reactions: Poppycocks

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
even better, don't cheat in a portal gun, make it legit.
Neah, good challenges should have hard goals, hard rules and fun advantages. Like a knockback sign in super-hostile. A portal gun will allow for early energy production. This way the "energy from mob-drops only" rule doesn't cripple the player. (too much)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but I don't need an impossible challenge , i just want a nice place to live and some tips ;)
Aww, I thought you liked a challenge.

Alright, how's about this:
Start in a redwood biome, none of your buildings are allowed to touch either dirt or stone. You are allowed to install treecapitator, but may only use it with sanctified gold or higher axes.

As far as tips go, you can't go wrong with a steve's carts treefarm. One treecutter costs 5 diamonds, but heck, one such farm can keep 2 36 hp boilers or a wall of 60 generators running for life. Also, one router can keep the whole wall fed with charcoal without breaking a sweat.

Jetpack, make one, it's super cheap, exploring the nether for forts and blaze spawners can net you a tier 5 soul shard within the hour. Once again, one such sawner can keep 2 36 hp boilers running non-stop. Use turtles to kill the beasties and enchant a chest of books, enchant your power tools on the anvil with said books.

Twilight forest is great for starting minerals, grab an iron armor, kill a raven, mix the feather with a torchberry and some glowstone, mine out all of the small and medium barrow hills and you'll be swimming in diamonds and stuff for a while.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
As far as tips go, you can't go wrong with a steve's carts treefarm. One treecutter costs 5 diamonds, but heck, one such farm can keep 2 36 hp boilers or a wall of 60 generators running for life.
3 36HP boilers via planks (TE sawmill) and 4 36HP + 1 36LP via saplings + apples (forestry fermenter+still+squeezer + fertilizer production line). Also gives a surplus of charcoal.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dimensional barrel full of logs from 4 days of steves cart farming the wood for me, that includes feeding the cart logs for fuel. Well worth the cost I would say.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Does energy of the deceased include oil? I mean technically it is from deceased things....lol

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Neah, good challenges should have hard goals, hard rules and fun advantages. Like a knockback sign in super-hostile. A portal gun will allow for early energy production. This way the "energy from mob-drops only" rule doesn't cripple the player. (too much)
"After killing the Wither" is early now?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
When the rules of the challenge say you can cheat in a portal gun
I hadn't quite grasped that you were explaining the benefits of not taking Lambert2191's suggestion, rather than providing an example of an unfavourable outcome of taking Lambert2191's suggestion. I understand your point now. Thank you for explaining.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
still hate cheaters and cheating. And I really don't get the logic in providing a challenge and then saying "oh but btw, there's a perfectly legit way of doing this, but you know what, go ahead and cheat for this part because of abitrary bullshit reason #212, have a nice day."

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
still hate cheaters and cheating. And I really don't get the logic in providing a challenge and then saying "oh but btw, there's a perfectly legit way of doing this, but you know what, go ahead and cheat for this part because of abitrary bullshit reason #212, have a nice day."
How does doing what the rules say you're allowed to do count as cheating?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Heck, Lambert, why are you so confrontational about this? You sound like you're being a dick for the sole reason of being a dick. What gives?

To the others: would you guys be interested in a series of challenges, supported by a very small mod which'll start you off right / enforce the rules?

Maybe with a its own point system and online ranking?

I think I'll name the portal gun "random bullshit reason #212"

Does energy of the deceased include oil? I mean technically it is from deceased things....lol

Lol, good point, but no it does not :p.

Reactions: Zmaster27