New Alexandria, a starter map

Do you like it

• Total voters

pilchar

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on a rather nice map for a while in an effort to recreate a base I had on a server once and then I said to myself "Do you you who would like this map, Le Interwebz". So I finished making it and then I made a few different versions of it, One just has the raw buildings and roads, the other has torches and has crops and machines. This was done in an effort to give different options for how you want to start if you do start in this map.​
It is for the ultimate pack​
For some reason none of the images will show here so I just set up a Picassa album for yall.​

Download​
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctj2rerv4waddzt/New Alexandria.zip

Reactions: FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
The idea that a starter map gives such an generous start is a little odd to me... This is more like posting your own base.

pilchar

Jul 29, 2019
The idea that a starter map gives such an generous start is a little odd to me... This is more like posting your own base.

Its not actually that generous of a start it only gives you things that could be done with an hour or two of work plus or minus a few blocks
It is for the ultimate pack

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Good amount of starting resources, but I have a few issues with the map:
  • You provide no wood source. Even a tree planted in a random spot would be okay.
  • I don't get the point of the arena. How is that supposed to help me?
  • You really need to work on hiding your wiring. You had the power converters and IC2 cabling in plain view, without a single attempt to hide them.
  • A few starter supplies would be great instead off starting off with jack diddly squat. Maybe full bronze gear or something.
  • If you switch the places of the furnace and pulverizer, you can automagically make buttloads of free glass!
For these reasons, I voted "needs some work."

KillKreditBunny

Jul 29, 2019
I think pretty much exactly like goreae about the map... It's pretty nice but e.g. 5 freaking expensive solar panels but no wood source for starting?
After I downloaded it I creative-moded it so it's a really nice start :D

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also, a hint: you can easily get a portal gun at the very beginning of the map. Just look for suspicious places on the minimap. Also, you start with an uncrafting table. ;P

KillKreditBunny

Jul 29, 2019
The uncrafting table is in a house and the portal gu... well... You know these Dungeons generated in the desert which cause a square of sand to fall :D
I found a portalgun in one and in another 4 (!) portal spawners