Nether Skies Raiders tips and tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

loupduqc

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing Agrarien Skies quite a lot, like many others, and I've noticed that most people avoid the nether at all cost, but I'm far from one of those, and it would be quite nice to share tips and story with other crazy boys and girls that risk their live(s) in venturing into the depths of hell.

So let's start with a few things that saved my life quite a few times while I was exploring the redness beyond the magic purpleness.
A good armor is one of the most important things, I recommend having an armor bar as full as possible, and as many protection enchantments that you can get on the armor you have. Even if you have more defense that you may ever think needed, there's some mobs that do quite a punch when they get after you, so you need a second line if death protection : Last stand enchant on one of your armor piece. Combined with 30ish levels, you should be good to survive at least once or twice to those OMFGWTFBBQ (not quite sure of the order of it, but I've noticed that some do have such thing in their name) kind of infernal monster.
Now that you can survive some hits from the enemy, you've got to be able to strike back too. Any good weapon may be able to do the job, and you're better take the one that fit your fighting skill the best. The two that I've tried so far are an upgraded Pan of Destiny (9 dmg, beheading, stonebound, thaumic, sharpness and auto-repair) and a Rapier(sadly threw it into the void by mistake -_-). From those two, the one I like the most is the Pan of Destiny because it 1 or 2 hit kill most of the mobs and slow them too, so you have a better chance to hit them again before they get to you.
Another quite obvious yet important tips is to bring a nice supply of food with you, you never know how long you will be in the underworld, and forgetting to do so can have some quite bad consequence...

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
Fire resistance potions. Not having to worry about falling in lava is a huge weight off your mind, and by the time you have the above you likely have everything you need to make them.

Also, don't forget the main vanilla use of ender pearls: Throwing them to teleport to where they land. A stack or two of them will be plenty to let you bypass mobs that you don't want to get close to or need to run away from, as well as getting up and down cliffs.

loupduqc

Jul 29, 2019
Fire resistance potions. Not having to worry about falling in lava is a huge weight off your mind, and by the time you have the above you likely have everything you need to make them.

Also, don't forget the main vanilla use of ender pearls: Throwing them to teleport to where they land. A stack or two of them will be plenty to let you bypass mobs that you don't want to get close to or need to run away from, as well as getting up and down cliffs.
Invar armor is't THAT hard to make compare to what you can go harvest in the nether with it, and I got insanely lucky by getting that invar chest plate with blast protect 2 and last stand 1 from an infernal creeper in my farm I think...

For the fire resist potion, I'm gonna make some next time I go in the nether next time for sure, it can only be helpful

For the enderpearl, I've used the air sigil in my old map, and it was just too amazing as a way to travel around, if you use it right, you can prevent most of the fall damages too :D