Nether Quartz

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
A TiCo fortune 3 pick gets me few stacks in a minute, no problem. Also its used in at most 4 AE recipes, know for sure of 2. The real thing you need to worry about is the CERTUS quartz.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't mind quarrying the nether, it's just that I'm more so requiring of myself to make it mob proof. Ghasts shooting at 11 diamond machines is not my idea of engineering-safe.

Edit:

Also, bringing in a water source via UU-matter for lava reasons.

It's just a pain in the buttocks.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Also Liquid essense can be used, aswell as milk to be able to obsidianide lava in the nether.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
UUM'd in water no longer works in the nether, as a reminder, since Vanilla Minecraft broke that around the same time that they added silk touched ice blocks.(also is there still solid UUM? I heard it was a liquid now)
If you can find a different way to place water in the nether(and there are tons* of ways), then yeah, water will work just fine.
*Tons as in still a few ways, not actually a lot but there are still options

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Gany's nether mod in Horizons has quartz berry bushes. Once you find some, you plant them on tilled netherack(have to use a diamond hoe) and place a lava source like you would water for a normal farm. They grow in the overworld with no issues.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Because people are lazy and don't like setting up all those fences.
Not exactly a great excuse, honestly; unless one has whatever mod turns Fences into Fancy Fences(and assuming that mod also turns Nether Brick Fences into Fancy Nether Brick Fences), then it's only a few uses of a TiC Drawbridge to set it up.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly a great excuse, honestly; unless one has whatever mod turns Fences into Fancy Fences(and assuming that mod also turns Nether Brick Fences into Fancy Nether Brick Fences), then it's only a few uses of a TiC Drawbridge to set it up.
Wish I knew that when I set up mine.