Nether Quartz

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I never had issues with getting nether quartz...

Steel Tico hammer with 3 redstone speed upgrades.
Something with fortune 3 (or silk touch)
Head to the nether, kill a blaze, morph to blaze form.
Find a spot, hold down mouse button and run. (make sure to pause once in a while and let the server catch up).
if you have a regular pick with fortune 3, you also get mass XPs

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I never had issues with getting nether quartz...

Steel Tico hammer with 3 redstone speed upgrades.
Something with fortune 3 (or silk touch)
Head to the nether, kill a blaze, morph to blaze form.
Find a spot, hold down mouse button and run. (make sure to pause once in a while and let the server catch up).
if you have a regular pick with fortune 3, you also get mass XPs

Firebats are a good alternative if you havent found a fortress yet. And yes Morph is OP.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Morph is IN MY OPINION Op, because it provides powerful abilities for realativly NO cost, all you need to do is hunt a bat for 10-20 minutes at most and fly without any infrastructure or resources for Jetpack for example.
God, THIS AGAIN. There are these things in your minecraft folder. They are called configs. You can change things about mods in them. You can make it so you can't fly until you go to the nether, or even KILL A WITHER.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
MFR laser drills are probably the most ridiculously effective method for this. Monastic bees are also an excellent source before you have the power network to sustain laser drills, or Magical Crops if you have it; if you're quarrying, you should have plenty of magical essence.

Another option is to hunt down a few Roguelike Dungeons; they often have blocks of quartz in various forms, and nether quartz ore in the lower levels. You can probably end up with ~16-20 stacks per dungeon if you grind down any pillars/etc that you find there. There's also an extreme amount of work involved, but a BOP portal to the Promised Land spawns a lot of quartz in the form of the portal structure.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism Digital miner, use the filter to Quartz and you are done, it will only mine (like quarrys do) what you put in the filter ;) Some speed upgrades and you're done for life with quartz :D (Try to use the silk touch mode so you can fortune III the blocks later)[DOUBLEPOST=1395698923][/DOUBLEPOST]
God, THIS AGAIN. There are these things in your minecraft folder. They are called configs. You can change things about mods in them. You can make it so you can't fly until you go to the nether, or even KILL A WITHER.

Even then, Killing a wither is as easy as 1+1.. But I do have to admit that this discussion is stupid. I have morph installed (Because being 1x1 is fucking awesome) but I dont use flying because I PERSONALLY dont find it balanced.. There is something first than configs, and its self regulation.. With self regulation no one should have a problem ffs.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism Digital miner, use the filter to Quartz and you are done, it will only mine (like quarrys do) what you put in the filter ;) Some speed upgrades and you're done for life with quartz :D (Try to use the silk touch mode so you can fortune III the blocks later)[DOUBLEPOST=1395698923][/DOUBLEPOST]

Even then, Killing a wither is as easy as 1+1.. But I do have to admit that this discussion is stupid. I have morph installed (Because being 1x1 is fucking awesome) but I dont use flying because I PERSONALLY dont find it balanced.. There is something first than configs, and its self regulation.. With self regulation no one should have a problem ffs.
It's not killing the wither, it's just a PITA to get. I never get skulls.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Firebats are a good alternative if you havent found a fortress yet. And yes Morph is OP.
And then for those who dont want to use morph - you can still do that. You just cant run blindly. You have to stop and deal with the random lava blocks that show up.

But for simplicity.. IMO, the digital miner wins. Place 3-4 blocks and your swimming in nether quartz (1 digi miner, 1 chunkloader, 1 tesseract. or miner, chunkloader, enderchest, tesseract for power)

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If you use fire resist potions (you know cause vanilla is still in modded minecraft whether you notice or not) lava isnt an issue. Also if you upgrade your MPS with the upgrade that actively cools the suit you can swim in lava nearly damage free for a decent amount of time before overheating. If you also have a full body suit with energy sheilds you dont take damage at all. Of course this is for manual mining with relative impunity.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019

Because wither cant be killed with an iron armor, some potions and a diamond sword, its easy even in vanilla, and with Tico weapons its even easier, but againas I said its my opinion and I dont use it. The power it provides can be accesed way too early without barerly any efford.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Because wither cant be killed with an iron armor, some potions and a diamond sword, its easy even in vanilla, and with Tico weapons its even easier, but againas I said its my opinion and I dont use it. The power it provides can be accesed way too early without barerly any efford.

Iron armor? You can kill the fucking thing with no armor, no potions and a wood sword man. And because a video is worth a cubic ton of words:

I present you, "the wither is a bitch"

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
>Way to early on
>Drop is 5% even IF you have looting 3
Anyway, we've derailed this enough. Turtles can go through lava. There are turtle quarry scripts. An ender quarry will also work.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
I am giving my vote to the Ender Quarry. Because no matter what level you set it on it mines from the ceiling to the floor of the nether. So you never lose out on all those materials above you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk