Nether Ores don't explode now

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I noticed yesterday that in the new version of Nether Ores, that they no longer explode if you mine them. I'm aware of the config option for this, but that config option seems to have never worked. Setting it to true or false made no difference before, and makes no difference now.

Old version: NETHERORES-2.2.1-14
New version: NETHERORES-2.2.2-55

So in comparing these two, I can confirm that in the old one, the nether ores do indeed explode when mined, but now, they never do.

Anybody know what's up here? Is it a bug, and if so can someone tell the mod author?

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog for 2.2.2:
  • Added: Sulfur, Titanium, Mythril, Adamantium, Rutile, Tungsten, Amber, Tennantite, Salt, Saltpeter
  • Added config options per-ore for: mining level, maceration count, smelting count, and forcing individual ores
  • Added config options for hellfish generation
  • Reworked ore exploding, added configs for silk touch & being exploded by non-player entities
  • Hellfish more devilish and hellfish blocks can no longer be silk touched
  • Textures renamed to reflect the name of the ore (Sorry! Also, you're welcome!)

So he definitely changed something, he just didn't elaborate.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... So "reworked" = "removed" apparently. ;)
It definitely does not explode at all now.

If the exploding was too laggy for servers, then maybe a better options is to make those nasty hellfish things spawn directly from the nether ores with a percentage chance. That would be a great disincentive to do all your mining in the nether. As it is now, well, overworld mining has really very little purpose.

Last edited:

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
thay still "hiss" when i mine them in agrarian skies pack so its working in the version the pack uses

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
This probably stops turtles from mining them or at least having the possibility of the ore blowing up destroying the turtle.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
One of the settings is that they only blow up when a player breaks them. Quarries never exploded them, pretty sure. Still, I can't get 'em to blow up at all now.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you aren't mining them with a silk touch pickaxe? They didn't explode in older versions either if you did that.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I've mined it with regular tools. Tested multiple times in both versions of the mod. Definitely exploding ores are disabled entirely now.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Tbh I don't mind its removal. Sure, it stops a couple automated mining things, (namely turtles) but other than that it was just an annoyance. *Imagines a player on hardcore, down to half a heart. He has spent a couple months developing this world. He is relieved to see his base with a nether portal in it. 5 Blocks away,, he is killed by a nether ore.* (And yes, I am aware that people are gonna say "Oh, but no one plays on hardcore for that long" or something like that. -_-)

Just my 2.0001 cents.

EDIT: Wow my first like on a post, and by none other than RedBoss :) Very good day today.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mind nether ores exploding, only meants I had to mine fast/with silk touch, which is okay as a gating method for me. What really pissed me off is ghasts making hordes of pigmen go after me because they happened to miss my face and hit the nether quartz I was walking on. If that's fixed then that's cool.

Reactions: Odovbold

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
the config option should at least work. Then everyone would have a choice. I found the exploding ores helped give an incentive to overworld mining. The abundance of material in the nether makes it almost an exclusive thing.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I found the potential output from nether ores was almost perfectly offset by the naturally hostile nature of Hell. I mean, this is Hell we're talking about here, its not exactly like you're mining in Candyland.

Speaking of, I should try CandyCraft at some point... *wanders off*

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I found the potential output from nether ores was almost perfectly offset by the naturally hostile nature of Hell. I mean, this is Hell we're talking about here, its not exactly like you're mining in Candyland.

Speaking of, I should try CandyCraft at some point... *wanders off*
Hell is significantly less hostile in vanilla. Mods like Natura are most of the reason it's hostile, and those mods didn't exist when Nether Ores was created.

Reactions: trajing and RedBoss

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
Hell is significantly less hostile in vanilla. Mods like Natura are most of the reason it's hostile, and those mods didn't exist when Nether Ores was created.

Just earlier today Biomes O' Plenty proved to be a nuisance for me from wasps right near my nether spawn.

PRO TIP: Don't shove a bunch of TNT into the hive and think "this is going to be great." Because it's not going to be great. It's going to be terrible.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Just earlier today Biomes O' Plenty proved to be a nuisance for me from wasps right near my nether spawn.

PRO TIP: Don't shove a bunch of TNT into the hive and think "this is going to be great." Because it's not going to be great. It's going to be terrible.
Please explain? I would be interested to know what would happen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, it might just be me, but I tend to get fucking swarmed by ghasts if I'm not careful. With Nether Ores on its default settings? Dig an ore, have a bloody army of pigmen come after you. Ever had a half dozen gold swords hit you in tandem? It ain't pretty, even if you're wearing good armour.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019

:eek: I'm super lucky. Just made two stacks of TNT to finish off a nearby hive.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I agree the Nether is much more hostile with Natura and BoP installed but, even with just vanilla generation, it does seem like the lava moves much faster now than it used to and they have at least added the bat things.