Nether Diamond/Diamond ore Maceration?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change it to just macerating into diamonds instead of diamond dust?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
K tested and Yes that does change it, theres nothing in the configs?
As far as I know... not really, no. But diamond dust is better than diamond anyway. You can make so many more cool toys with dust than you can with normal diamonds!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Those don't drop diamonds? Sorry if they don't.

On the other hand, you can smelt nether diamonds into diamonds, fortune pick those.

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
Nope they drop the ore

back in tekkit times you'd macerate them and they would give 2 diamonds per ore

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, wait!

There is a way to get more diamonds per diamond ore that gives you actual diamonds: you need to make yourself a factorization grinder (which involves blowing up a diamond block, among other things). The grinder will give you 2.2 diamonds per diamond ore, so it actually performs about as well as a Fortune III pick. If you blow up the diamond block, you'll also have enough shards to make an angle grinder - sort of a less-powerful Silk Touch tool that needs factorization batteries to run, but only works on most vanilla ores. Still, it's quite an upfront investment to make... not only do you need to make the diamond shards using a whole block, but you'll need a couple stacks each of silver and lead to set up - I believe the grinder needs 11 mirrors' power to run.

The grinder can also be used as part of the factorization 3x ore chain, obviously, but you can also feed it other vanilla ores, like redstone - although the yields do vary, so look it up with NEI first.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to add that, although expensive, the GT industrial grinder gives 1 diamond and 6 tiny piles of diamond dust - effectively 2.5 diamonds. You also get a hydrated coal dust thrown in for good measure.

Reactions: mattyboy12

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can tell, the best thing to do with nether diamond ore is to put it into an induction smelter with rich slag, then mine it with Fortune III. Rich slag gives 3 diamond ore per nether diamond ore, and Fortune III gives an average of 2.2 diamonds per block. Based on the above, it sounds like the factorization grinder also gives 2.2, so that'd be just as good.