Nether automated lava disappeared for 2 time!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HitLuca

Jul 29, 2019
Second time that my nether lava provider for my overworld, with pump and machines for making lava cans, disappeares magically o_O
don't know why and i think it may be for the mystcraft mod but i'm not sure
i'm using the direwolf20 modpack
Help me please!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
By "disappeares[sic] magically", you mean that the chunk it is in reverts to the original way the chunk looked before you did anything with it?

I've noticed something similar to that happens to quarries in the Twilight Forest, but I've never had an issue with my nether lava pump, although I haven't used it in weeks, and I'm on the MindCrack pack (with MystCraft's last version installed, currently).

HitLuca

Jul 29, 2019
:( yes, all turns as before except a line of cobblestone that i inserted into the netherrack...

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen that happen with the nether, so it may be a new bug from the latest update, or it may be related to the Twilight Forest/quarry issue. You may want to think about submitting a bug report here: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/

nethervvoid

Jul 29, 2019
That used to be a bug in 'the-pack-which-shall-not-be-named' as well. It was attributed to world anchors IIRC. But that was on a much older 1.2.5 version of mods. The fix for us was to delete the world anchor data file, and then reset all the anchors by hand. lol

HitLuca

Jul 29, 2019
That used to be a bug in 'the-pack-which-shall-not-be-named' as well. It was attributed to world anchors IIRC. But that was on a much older 1.2.5 version of mods. The fix for us was to delete the world anchor data file, and then reset all the anchors by hand. lol
what is the name of 'the-pack-which-shall-not-be-named' ? IDK

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
oh ok..why the-modpack-that-should-not-be-named can't be named?Sorry for the newbie questions

Technic/Tekkit is a competitor to Feed the Beast, so some people act irrationally and childishly when it is brought up, for example, calling it "the-pack-which-shall-not-be-named", and the like.

A lot of users came from the Technic/Tekkit community back before Feed the Beast was a gleam in Feed the Beast senior's eye (which is to say less than a year ago going by the WHOIS created date for feed-the-beast.com) and so after having found something a good deal better (my opinion, as Feed the Beast is better run, has a better launcher, a better community, and better communication systems) they have moved to scorn their past.

And, finally, there are people that don't even really know what Technic/Tekkit is, but they've decided that they "hate" it because they have seen others do as much, and it appears to be a low activation and upkeep cost method of increasing their popularity.

This is not to say that nethervvoid was saying it for any of the above three reasons, as there is always humor to take into consideration as a possible factor (which, of course, plays a role in most discussions of things that have become standardized social responses).

That would be the three main reasons I would think your question should be answered. Thanks!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed people calling it that and just do it humorously occasionally.

Indeed, as I'm sure most people do, as well as how they react to it. It is a part of this community, but it is also something that new members won't understand and, as such, may very well cause confusion and possibly irrational reactions (hatred, etc) in regards to The-Pack-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named *thunderclap*.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but then I'm sure all the kids were confused in the first harry potter at first, too.

Someone will say I am wrong about that, I can't remember :s

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but then I'm sure all the kids were confused in the first harry potter at first, too.

Someone will say I am wrong about that, I can't remember :s

Nah, the Harry Potter books are outlined in a way that, while you don't know who is being referenced, you learn quickly enough that it is not confusing. At least not when I first read them, which was a long time ago (in a far away galaxy--- No wait, same galaxy).

On an internet forum, it is an inside joke that is confusing to people. It'd be like if I called you a turtle (an inside non-joke-joke I have with some people I know). You'd be confused, right? Is that a good thing, a bad thing, or a thing thing? Right?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
It's a good thing, who wouldn't want to be a turtle?
ha0iyMx.jpg

Reactions: Guswut