nei not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
NEI Version: 1.4.7.0
java.lang.ClassCastException: bu cannot be cast to bq
at codechicken.nei.NEIClientConfig.loadWorld(NEIClientConfig.java:318)
at codechicken.nei.ClientPacketHandler.handleSMPCheck(ClientPacketHandler.java:123)
at codechicken.nei.ClientPacketHandler.handlePacket(ClientPacketHandler.java:26)
at codechicken.core.PacketCustom$ClientPacketHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:105)
at codechicken.core.PacketCustom$CustomPacketHandler.onPacketData(PacketCustom.java:74)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:243)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:233)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:71)
at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
at di.a(SourceFile:59)
at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1911)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:848)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

full mindcrack - traincraft, greg, and force + bkscore and treecapitator

system specs
i5 3570k
devil 13 7990 cfx
hercules 1600 watt
32gb ram
velodrive 1.2tb
128gb ssd
4tb in raid o (2 x 2tb)[DOUBLEPOST=1367415272][/DOUBLEPOST]oh nei fails to launch item son side also crashes when any of its features are used.
tried fresh install and still not working.

Discotech

Jul 29, 2019
Go into your saves folder and delete the NEI folder in there, then load up your game and it should have cleared the issue

Discotech

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to hear it didn't work as I had same problem with no items displaying on the right and typing in the search crashed the game but deleting my NEI folder worked for me, so must be a different issue for you :(

Try moving all the files in the save folder out of it and start a fresh world to see what happens ?

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
started a new world.. worked just fine.. copied over the nei files from the new world to the old one... still nothing...

Discotech

Jul 29, 2019
Well at least it narrows down to it being only broken for one save, try deleting the NEI folder again along with the .dat file in the save folder and do a force update when you launch then see if that works

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
Well at least it narrows down to it being only broken for one save, try deleting the NEI folder again along with the .dat file in the save folder and do a force update when you launch then see if that works
tried that when i deleted it in my save as well

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
also, after playing around in fresh new world 0/0 pages of items. but no crashes while searching... ffs.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to be sure. You tried deleting both NEI folders and both NEI.dat files? There are two one just inside the saves folder and another inside each individual save folder. This might not be the same error that I advise deleting the folders and NEI.dat files, but it seems that it might possibly fix it as it involves NEI's fields which are stored in them.

Not sure if it will help, but it should not hurt. You may also want to try updating your java version. Update 21 is the current one. And see if you have any other versions installed. Uninstall any 32bit versions as well:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Status
Not open for further replies.