NEI/invTweaks scrollwheel item moving

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

In previous versions i think NEI or invTweaks added a feature where you could hover over an item and you could easily scroll to get an amount of that item, it was extremely useful.

Now the scroll wheel only does something similar in very limited situations, like when you already have both stacks of items and such.

Is that normal? I think RP added some inventory management too i think, was it part of that?

Thanks!

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
It's part of NEI, you need to have the NEI screen open though (item list up) to have it work, just toggle it on with "O" and you'll be able to use it.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i just tried it and it doesnt work the way it used to... (it doenst really work at all)

For example in this screenshot, you used to be able to hover over the planks and scroll the mouse wheel to transfer items 1 by 1... this no longer seems to work for me.

scroll.png

Now if i have both a stack of the items in my inventory and theres another in the chest the scroll-down will transfer from the chest to my inventory, and scroll-up will do nothing at all.
scroll-1.png

What am i doing wrong?

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure, it works perfectly fine for me in NEI 1.4.3.2. Maybe the version of NEI you have is bugged?

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Im using the feed the beast pack + optifine.

If you place a stack of planks in a chest can you move them 1 by 1 by scrolling your mousewheel (without any planks in your inventory)?

Do you have the default verison of NEI?

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what version of NEI is in the current FTB beta pack, I got the latest one myself for use on a small TC3 + ExtraBiomesXL server.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's very old. But if somone gets the same issue, there's another mod called Mouse Tweaks, which has the same feature of moving items one by one with the scroll wheel. But it's reversed from NEI's feature. So they work agaisnt one another. You just have to disable this feature in one of the two mods and it should work again. You can disable it fromtheir config file I guess.

D

duncano123

thanks i had a similar problem and this fixed it

I know it's very old. But if somone gets the same issue, there's another mod called Mouse Tweaks, which has the same feature of moving items one by one with the scroll wheel. But it's reversed from NEI's feature. So they work agaisnt one another. You just have to disable this feature in one of the two mods and it should work again. You can disable it fromtheir config file I guess.