NEI doesn't display search results.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I have NEI and it was working fine until suddenly it stopped displaying search results.

I can type in search bar and it will darken everything I look for but it will not sort itmes on a right hand side and still display every available item in a game.

I attach picture to explain better what I mean.

2014-03-18_083757-1.png

I tried removing all NEI files restarted and it is the same result.

Additional info it is issue on a server. Server has essentials, core protect and vanishnopocet instaled. but it had it for days and it was fine until now. I am admin on this server so if anything needs changing I can do it. Would be greatful if you guys have any advice.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Notice how the search bar has a yellow border? Double click in the search box and the yellow border will disappear and then will continue to work normally.

Reactions: Infallible83

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Notice how the search bar has a yellow border? Double click in the search box and the yellow border will disappear and then will continue to work normally.

To add to this, the yellow box is used to highlight items in your inventory (or open screen). For example, if you were to search for "Arrows" it would highlight the ones in your inventory.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Even in "Inventory search mode" it should still search in NEI as well. At least that is what it has always done/is doing for me.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
In that case discard my comment and we will write it off as my memory failing me. I thought the yellow box prevented it from searching for new pages withing NEI.

Foxy420

Jul 29, 2019
I've had NEI do that to me, took me forever to figure it out. Another time I had clicked on one Mod in the pack in the NEI, couldn't get any results. That drove me nuts until my friend came online and told me I had to click on each mod subset to fix it. (NOTE: I never played MC vanilla only FTB Direwolf20 Modpack, began Dec 13th 2013 :p)

Thx guys I learn something new whenever I surf through the forums. ;)